"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

kimonos

 I've had fun wearing the kimonos. Most of them are slinky/satiny and I could wear them even on the hot summer nights out walking, the material is very thin and was great to keep the dang "varmit skeeters" off me, but not make me hot.

This light blue one is my longest one


But this one below is still my most favorite one:

I love the flowers on it and I love the dark teal trim and background

The pictures of me in my favorite kimono were made last spring, not 2020 but 2019.



I love this pretty fence














I love the old cobblestone streets here in this part of town




Nice and warm here this weekend--in the 70s, everybody out in shorts!










this old church on the corner has really pretty stained glass windows!

Old bricks........old walls.....

a huge bird cage on the porch?







arm candy today: telephone bracelet and marble bracelets! LOL
How is everyone's holiday preparations coming along? Every year since she was born I have picked out and given little Fairy Granddaughter an ornament or two for her to put on their tree.
she loves ballerina things so I got her the pretty ballerina. A soft little llama, and a glittery princess castle

a shiny purple baby reindeer and a blue-eyed unicorn too

Spotted Santa up on this apartment building!



Santa is over at this house too:


and over the river the Coburg cow (Bessie) stands with a holiday favorite, eggnog! Bessie has been here since 1959 and she wears all kinds of fun costumes including a cap and gown during graduation season.


Do you love or hate egg nog? I LOVE IT! I love it ice cold, over a glass of ice cubes, and with whipped cream on top.

8 comments:

  1. Your kimonos are pretty! I love all of the old bits of your city that you share with us and enjoy your walks. Have a wonderful Christmas ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love kimonos but more as a robe and they are warm but light weight. Love the cobblestone streets there and that Santa looked abandoned on that building haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last shall be first: I LOVE eggnog! I don't drink it anymore but when I did, I sprinkled nutmeg on top. That gigantic birdcage is AWESOME!!! I would totally do that. The ornaments for Fairy Granddaughter are precious and your kimonos are pretty great too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am not a fan of eggnog but i have not had it in a while, maybe i would feel differently now!!

    i give my great nieces an ornament each year, i try to make sure they are dated!!

    you look good debbi in your pretty kimonos, they are probably perfect for the weather you are having!! i am all done with my christmas preparations, i am just waiting for a few more things to arrive, things that need to be wrapped!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find the cutest things. And I love the kimonos. One of the questions on my blog today was eggnog or custard. Lol...that is funny that we both thought about that. Christmas is almost here. I have one more thingy to get. A gift card for my friends cat..... I am not sure though that I am ready to take down my tree or lights....I am enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look GREAT in those kimonos!! I have ONE!!! Never thought of wearing it out!
    What a great tradition to give ornaments. I should have thought of that long ago....
    Eggnog?? I used to make the best fruited eggnog bread. Back then I baked with it more than drank it. I had ly niece's homemade eggnog with brandy in it at Thanksgiving and it was GOOD!! They made it back in October and kept it sealed. I didn't know you could do that! Too many calories to drink much though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I love egg nog! I also love your kimono and it looks terrific on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those kimonos look so comfy. I would love to have some to wear around the house. Don't know that I'd be brave enough to wear them out in public around here...this is pretty much "country" here, where jeans are the norm. LOL. But you look so lovely and free. Love that iron gate...that was amazing. And the Santas all around...and I love the ornaments for your "fairy granddaughter". She will love them I am certain. Who wouldn't? I do like a little bit of eggnog...not a lot, but a little, with a sprinkle of nutmeg. Whipped cream would be good too. I can remember my mother making it from scratch many years ago. It was the best. Glad you were able to get out and about. It is chilly and rainy here today. Good day to stay inside and stay out of trouble. LOL. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete