"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Chestnut


Nipper's city home


I picked up this book called "Chestnut" for Lil Fairy Granddaughter. I read it to her on the steps of the city house.....
"Nipper's House", (pictured below) a book I read to her several months ago. (this is where the little dog lived while on visits to the country)
amazon




I've found a few historical children's books about Charleston. She absolutely delights in seeing pictures of buildings and water and streets and houses that are right here, in her view and on our adventures.

As you can see---Tansy and one of her friends came along, LOL!




Great illustrations of Charleston!!
the familiar streets we walk


this owl perches up on Nipper's house, high on a balcony

I know she loved this book because she kept on reading and reading and reading.......as she walked. I had to keep a good eye on her not to trip or something! ha ha LOL

I couldn't decide which of these two pictures I liked best....so I'm putting them both on here! ha ha 
books and Barbies! LOL


We give Chestnut an A plus.......a Ten out of Ten!!
**********************************************************************************

9 comments:

  1. Debbi, Debbi squeeze that girl down to be little again. My gosh she is growing. I would love those books myself, beautiful pictures in them. Speaking of beautiful pictures, I truly love the pictures of you and your girl. Merry Christmas to all, blessings too, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wonderful! Oh, I would love to have a granddaughter and to be able to read stories to her and show her around town like that. You are truly blessed!! And so is your granddaughter!! Have a very Merry Christmas! That books sounds good enough for me to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute, its Books and Barbies and the Best grandma!! How fun sitting on a step reading together, and how I would have loved reading about Chestnut when I was her age, such a fun book! Love the pictures of Charleston. Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a darling book. I used to love horse stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love to see you with your precious Granddaughter! What a blessing she is and such a fun age to enjoy the holidays. I'll look for these books at my library so that I can read them too. Sending you sweet holiday hugs...and lots of them! Your blog buddy, Diane (looks like we are both going to get to wear sweaters tomorrow! heehee)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful books...that i am sure your granddaughter will enjoy!! wishing you a very merry christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the paintings of Chestnut, a talented artist and a pretty horse.

    ReplyDelete