"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Mirrors in the park

I love this big old beautiful tree!





I DO like this pocketbook and the big pretty flower on it.... but it's so awkward to get into and out of.....I rarely carry it!


I must've been in a good mood this day....I dressed all bright and colorful! LOL






Hat on? Or hat off? I began with the hat ON... but it was making me so HOT, I took it off






arm candy!

today I wore my fun "emeralds". I love love love emeralds~ and they are my birthstone
this one was my anniversary present this year





The twisty gnarly old limbs of this tree made a good place to make a picture of my hat







"hello there says the mirror to the tree" ha ha LOL



 I love to walk around and see what all is blooming





Many pretty flowers in bloom!




Beads today: my seahorse pendant and my leaf necklace gifted to me by my Mom on our very last visit together

am I hugging a tree here? LOL





What's everybody reading? Found anything good? I'm still reading on this book below. It's not that it isn't a good book---I've just been slow to pick it up, I'm only halfway through it, but I've been busy and mostly just enjoying all my November/December magazines.




Yep, I LOVE magazines! LOL

Here's a book I've read or tried to read every December since 1972! It really brings the Christmas story alive with young Mary and Joseph and what life was like for them.

Also, if you're looking for more good Christmas reads, I love these two below!

I sure am missing Dot Frank. She had a new Lowcountry novel every May, just in time for my birthday, and I always looked forward to it. Since she is now gone, there was no new book this May. 






We did a little shopping and this greeted us at all the stores:

Happier scenes awaited us at Lowes:


I wanted pansies for my flower pots.....and they had a great selection!




and we found plenty of seeds




thanks for stopping in to visit me and hope your week goes great!

9 comments:

  1. You always have such fun wherever you go. Thanks for sharing your joy for life. ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, What an amazing tree. I would want to get pictures of it too. I love your hat. Lots of flowers around the park, making walking thru it enjoyable. I think of your necklace you and your mom had. Blessings, stay safe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree was amazing and loved the hat pictures with it. I think the first of the pictures were taken earlier in the year and the later more current but they were enjoyable either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit, and your jewelry, and especially your hat! I adore wearing hats but they ARE hot and sometimes your neck gets stiff if the hat isn't comfortable enough, but they are such fun. Our youngest daughter has a May birthday and like you, she loves emeralds. She came close to getting an emerald for her engagement ring, but they settled on a diamond as emeralds are soft and not ideal for daily wear. Aren't the live oaks enchanting? I like the photo session you had with yours. Merry Christmas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so festive in your red and green! It's darling! Thanks for the walk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that outfit would be perfect for christmas, i love the green and red together!! and you look so pretty in it and with all that jewelry that matches!! that tree is gorgeous, a real centerpiece for wherever it is planted. a park i presume?? i don't think you ever said!!

    i read magazines and love them. short articles that i can remember and lot's of pictures and recipes to enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a fun walk! I enjoyed the trees, the hat, the mirror, the jewelry, and the flowers. It was all fun. Love the jewelry from your mom. those are the REAL gems. Very special. I think I've read some of Dorothea Benton Frank books in the past, but it's been while. My mother's name was Dorothea, and her father's name was Benton, as is my oldest son's name. My grandfather's middle name was Frank too...(Benton Frank) but he always just went by Benton F..... Isn't that interesting so similar? Have a wonderful week. I always enjoy walking with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The seahorse pendant is so special and beautiful and I love seeing what you are reading! It's fun to take a walk with you....and then settle into our comfy chairs to read! Is there a pitcher of tea ready? Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete