"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, December 3, 2021

Thankful!

 



But first...........a visit to the grocery store!

all the goodies are ready to purchase............the spices, the dressing, the turkeys!



Egg nog!! Either you love it or you hate it  I guess. LOL! I LOVE IT!

the holiday coffee creamers are in


Plenty of "taters" to go around!


and pretty flowers to take home!



It's a beautiful Thanksgiving Day! Bright and sunny













"happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!" from Tansy, as she takes a minute from the book she is reading. She is liking her new leopard print skirt and her new blouse! LOL and she has on her very best and brightest lipstick!

Tracie modeling her new "maxi skirt"
. "I feel so ELEGANT" she says! Tansy tells her that she looks like a "hippie chick" from 1971. LOL

Amybelle, Tracie and Tansy showing off their new Thanksgiving outfits LOL







Time for the big annual Parade!

I love a good parade! And the Thanksgiving parade is my favorite except for our local Charleston Christmas parade.

the famous Rockettes.....always love seeing them!






I love seeing all the marching bands!!

Hampton University Marching Band, Hampton VA


Spirit of America Cheerleaders



















Macy's Great American Marching Band







Union High School, Tulsa Oklahoma












Spirit of America Dance












Lincoln Way High School, New Lenox, IL

















Trabuco Hills High School, Thundering Mustangs, Mission Viejo California











Outstanding Marching Band Winner, 2021







Centerville High School  Marching Band, Centerville, Ohio

























University of Alabama Million Dollar Band



the lovely Crimsonettes!



























our vintage turkey platter. This was Mr. Front Porch's Grandma's. I love using it.




and I didn't get out the "good china" this year......I found pretty paper plates so that is what we used! So easy to clean up!



and the truck napkins were so cute!






When  you were a kid, did y'all do the wish bone? We did! hold it under the table, and the short end gets their wish, right? (or was it the long end?) LOL








Ready to eat!!!


a Thanksgiving day walk

they are almost ready! Just need a few CHILLY nights....






















































As the Thanksgiving sun begins to set, lights flicker on in homes and on the streetlamps. People go back for a left-over turkey sandwich with Duke's mayonnaise and "just one more" piece of the "punkin" pie. Left-overs have been wrapped up, bowls are filled, and the ice box is stuffed full! Little children in footed pajamas start to nod off and full dishwashers are busy humming along. Dogs have been walked and are settling in by crackling fireplaces and people take off their day shoes and put their feet up.....it's been a long but wonderful day. It's time for a good movie, so that is what we did!






 I take a moment and remember how thankful I am for our many many blessings. I hope y'all had a nice holiday as well. 

6 comments:

  1. So many wonderful pictures and love that turkey platter and paper plates as well. What a wonderful parade and pretty day to celebrate our blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Debbi, the dollies looked beautiful and so did you! Love your outfit. The turkey platter is SO beautiful! And I didn't watch the parade but now I feel as though I've seen it! Merry Christmas, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobody puts gravy in the corner... 😂

    Happy Thanksgiving, a few days late!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these amazing pictures! You really watched that parade! I missed most of it, but managed to see Santa at the end! Too busy cooking in the kitchen. Oh Tracie and Amybelle and Tansy all look so stunning in their new outfits! Simply gorgeous!!! Looks like they really enjoyed Thanksgiving too! Your turkey platter is so beautiful...and all the pictures are wonderful. It was a wonderful day, full of many blessings. We have so much to be thankful for, don't we? God bless you dear Debbi. You've certainly given ME much to be thankful for this year. Lily Grace has brought so much joy to our lives! God bless you dear friend, for being such a special special friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy time of year and you really do make the most of it. Love the photos of the city...wish I could visit some day! Holiday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this post! I missed the parade so was glad to get to see your pictures!
    Love the last paragraph about THanksgiving Day being done....beautiful. I wish you had written more and more......

    ReplyDelete