"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Bright Summer Streets




This little guy ran over to bark bark bark. Not a mean bark, more like "hello I see you" bark. LOL



Big tall ornate gates to see:

Locks, rust, chains, gates......I love to photograph them.










The summer sun has set and the bright city lights come to life.
 




Hot sidewalks fill up with people walking, visiting, going on a date, shopping, searching for a good supper, listening to music floating out from the bars. On warm summer evenings, lots of people love to eat at the sidewalk tables. Bicycles zoom past and people walk their dogs.



Beads today---My Mom gave me these brown wood beads a long time ago. I got the green/beige/brown beads a long time ago as well, probably at Wal-Mart! LOL














Today's "arm candy". LOL. Green Marble bracelets and some little blue beads.
Dinner and a Movie:
I LOVE a good chili dog!! and I like all kinds of chili, how bout you?--do you have a favorite?

If you've been to Cincinnati you might've had GoldStar or Skyline chili (both finely ground Mediterranean spiced meat-- and delicious).....LOVE LOVE LOVE their chili parlours!
The meat sauce is served on spaghetti, which is called chili spaghetti.
If you order a "three way" you get spaghetti topped with the cinnamon spicy meat sauce and mounds of the shredded cheese. I always order a "four way" which is spaghetti, sauce, cheese and onions! There are usually oyster crackers sprinkled on top too.
There are no beans in Cincinnati chili. LOL! You CAN ORDER a "five-way" though, which is chili, spaghetti, kidney beans, onions, and cheese.
You can get hot dogs too.
Hot dogs there are called "coneys". A cheese coney is a hot dog on a bun with the Greek-spiced chili and with shredded cheese.
Tonight's movie was "Crossings", a (1986) Danielle Steel authored novel to movie. It had Cheryl Ladd and Lee Horsley, Christoper Plummer, and Jane Seymour. I guess this was a made for t/v mini series. Somehow I had never heard of it although I read all the Danielle Steel novels back during that time period, including "Crossings". It goes back before World War two, Pearl Harbor, lots of history, lots of romance of course!--it's Danielle Steel, LOL. The costumes and jewelry are gorgeous and I loved seeing the historic homes and furnishings as well as the glamorous scenes from the ships.
Amazon

Amazon

It's divided into three sections and it took us three nights to watch it all. I loved it!

5 comments:

  1. It's fun to see all of the architecture in your city. The various wrought iron patterns are so interesting and add so much character. The little bark, bark, bark Hello I see you dog was a cutie with its little nose stuck out of the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i know that sweet bark of a dog saying hello, what a cutie!!

    this you are not going to believe, but, i am going to say it anyway...i have never eaten a chili dog. more-over-than-that, i have never heard of anything that you are talking about when it comes to them. i like hot dogs, with mustard and a nice soft bun. i guess i am a "flat tire"!!! hehehehe

    you look good debbi, nice beads and really nice arm candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could enjoy watching, without sound, that mini series. Just enjoying the beautiful costumes and sets!!!!!! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little doggie face. Not had a chili dog in FOREVER. I am not a fan of hotdogs in general. I am loving all those old buildings. They just say and speck to me more then the newer ones do. I have not seen that movie or read that book. I love her books. However I recently read two books about witches written by Nora Roberts. I also love her books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find the iron works and chimneys especially beautiful. And oh, chili dog! Yum!

    ReplyDelete