"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Doll walk

 


Back in the summer, in the early evening, when the sun dances and dapples on the side of the church....we took a walk down the quiet street with one of my dolls.

She hadn't been out "in the big world" in a long long time, you can tell by the look of wonder on her little face. LOL

My friend Diane over at LAVENDER DREAMS did a post with a doll a couple of months ago.....
https://lavenderdreamstoo.blogspot.com/2020/06/shalimar.html
and her doll , and the others by this dollmaker, reminded me alot of my doll. (perhaps they are cousins, right Diane?! LOL)



In her fancy long dress, old fashioned curls and big puffy sleeves, she blends in with the era when this old gate was made quite well!














I love this gate!


So I carried her around and made lots of pictures of her. I wish I had thought to do this YEARS AGO, as you see, she is a special doll. My Mother gave me this doll on my 40th birthday, so she is treasured above all the other porcelain dolls. I remember the day the big box arrived in the mail...I was so excited to open it as my Mom sent the BEST "care packages" and fun surprises in the mail.
 My Mom would've enjoyed these pictures so much but maybe she is looking down from Heaven and smiling...
PLUS!--she DID SEE many many pictures of my Tansy all about the city and on many many trips to other states, on many adventures---and my Mom gave me Tansy too.
 I have quite a few of these porcelain  dolls....because there was a wave of that back in the late 80s and early 90s maybe?---porcelain dolls were very popular. Our son bought me one for Christmas one year back in the 90s, so that one is special as well, I will have to take HER out for her own little Photo Session sometime soon. LOL
So at some point in time, I eventually stopped collecting these as I was running out of room. I now see dozens of these dolls at the Goodwill and thrift stores, and I WANT TO bring them home and give them good homes, I really do, but I have no more room. LOL 
I have given away quite a few, saved some for Fairy Granddaughter and given her a couple so far, and the rest live on a super long shelf in my dressing room, where their smiles tell me they are quite happy. 




Buttons, bows, frothy lace, ribbons, and sweet little Mary Jane shoes!





Here she is at the church-house....ready for Sunday's service! A little early....but better than late, LOL!


And nope, I'm not a BIT embarrassed to be walking around carrying a DOLL. ha ha LOL!---believe me, we see much stranger and unusual things around our city that a doll wouldn't cause even a second glance.



By now, she had worked so hard posing for me.....her little petticoat was slipping down, down, down........
....and I was so busy having fun, making pictures, and enjoying our walk......that I didn't EVEN NOTICE. HA HA














We continued on down a lane..........





.......and peeked in some gates.







Made pictures of the pretty pink flowers at the Prioleau House....

and the ornate urns out front.



Beads today were sapphire blue plastic beads and multicolor beads, worn together. I probably bought these back in the late 1990s.



blue marbles, LOL!





.......and here we go, walking down the street, one of us with her petticoat slipping down, down, down, almost falling off. Sure glad it wasn't me! ha ha LOL


Have a lovely Sunday, y'all!



4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a delightful stroll through town with your beautiful doll. I looked and looked for her name, but did not see one! Surely such a lovely doll must have a name? She looked right at home with those wonderful old homes and those antique cars! My oh My! She would have been a popular girl back in that day with those lovely curls and pretty eyes, and sweet smile. I am sure she enjoyed her day out with you. It's not nice to keep our dollies all cooped up in the house all the time. How would you feel? Makes me think I need to get some of my girls out of their hiding places for a while and enjoy them again. When we moved here I didn't have space to display all of my dolls, so I have a few out, and then I rotate them around. With the change of seasons it is time to bring out the fall and winter dolls and put away the more springy summery dolls. Good idea for me to do! Thank you for the inspiration! Have a lovely week. What is that sweet little girl's name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite photos are the pics of your and your beloved doll! You are beautiful in your Cerulean Blue sweater! What a treasure your doll is.....and what beautiful memories you have of your dear mother. I admire your relationship. Truly I do.
    You really do the most amazing posts showing us such gorgeous photos of where YOU are! And I always love your baubles!!! AKA beads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She found the right car and wants to 'ride' next time! These dolls are so beautiful and have the prettiest dresses! I've enjoyed a little dollie walk today. Sweet hugs from the FL dollies!

    ReplyDelete