"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

summer showers

Yay!--It's summer! The daisies are blooming and the birds are singing songs of joy!


hello, Mr. Bluejay and Mr. Hawk!




Even with the heat and humidity, People are picnicking, fishing, and getting out in the boats.










the city streets are full of people and there are long lines at the restaurants to eat supper, and the booze pop vans are stationed around the city.






the crepe myrtles are hanging on

Dodging rainshowers, we set out for an evening walk




I love how the brown brick looks against the stormy sky!




always one of my favorite scenes---lace curtains in windows


Love these lime green doors!!



I love this old fence! Just about every time we walk by.....I photograph it!


pink blooms, soaked with cool summer rain

who has the key?! LOL


Looks like my lipstick matched the blooms! LOL








 Beautiful ornate gate in front of this white house

 Banana time!


Lights are now glowing in houses. Time to go in.


Time for "Dinner and a Movie"
Tonight's supper---an oldie-but-goodie.....hot dogs wrapped up with cheese into crescent rolls! And homemade scalloped "taters". It sure was GOOD! ha ha I made this supper alot when the kids were growing up. (cheap and filling, LOL)
Tonight's movie--an old Lifetime movie, Cries from the Heart,(1994) with Melissa Gilbert and Patty Duke. Story of a seven year old  autistic boy who can't read, write, speak, or communicate. Melissa is his over protective Mom and Patty is his teacher. It was a good movie, I liked it.
pinterest


........and I have a new stack of summer magazines to enjoy!
So glad you spent the evening with us!

6 comments:

  1. So many pictures but can't say I have a favorite this time, I did however think it was cool that your lipstick matched that beautiful flower:) I think the showers sound nice but then it would mean more humidity and I wouldn't like that. Enjoy your new magazines and books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look good debbi and our walks together are always pleasant!!! i liked the green door too, i also liked the red door as well!! when i was picking a color for my front, i chose between red and black. i went with black!

    pretty lipstick, those pick flowers are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Debbi! I just love you! Sorry I haven’t caught your last few posts! I’m catching up today. We are in the country and Internet is sketchy. Dean and Sherry are looking at a new provider so I’m hoping we can get better reception soon.
    Pop up Booze vans?? I’ve never heard of such! How cool is that? We have drive through daiquiri places where you can buy it in containers....I’ve never been to one yet but I keep meaning to.
    Loved every single picture! Lots of people! We don’t see crowds down here!
    Loved the lime doors and your lipstick shot! And you have such pretty hands! Mine are so knobby with arthritis that I’ve started painting my nails to at least make my hands look better! I’m off to see what all I’ve missed on your front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your walk around town. Yes, I do love that fence too, especially with the pink flowers. So pretty. And that gate is wonderful. I love how you capture pictures of windows and doors and even lights in the windows. If I lived in a city I would do the same thing. If I took pictures of people's doors and windows here I might get some ugly stares or someone might come out and ask me what I am taking pictures of...so I stick to trees and birds and bugs and flowers pretty much. Thank you for sharing with us you beautiful city and beaches and all around. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you be getting any of the effects of this hurricane? Certainly hope not.

    Still no mask wearing in the crowds of people...

    Yes, it is a beautiful old fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought another Crepe Myrtle. This one is Raspberry, a new color for me. I have two white bushes, a huge white tree and a pink. They are all over 15 years old and bloom so beautifully for a month or so.

    I have not seen any long lines for restaurants here. People are very cautious. We went to our first restaurant last week for lunch. They had a very large outdoor area and tables spaced far apart. I felt safe there, especially since only three other people.

    ReplyDelete