"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, August 24, 2020

Drive in the country

Sizzling August...hot humid days and thundering summer rainshowers blowing through each day. I'm thinking back to a cooler time....months past...a time with no "virus" or social distancing. Masks?--wearing masks in public, what? Nice sixty degree days where one could wear a long sleeve flannel shirt against the ocean's chill.

Let's take a little drive........to Edisto Island




We took a drive out to Edisto back in December. I was intrigued with this "Christmas tree" out in the middle of a field!

Scenes along the way:


Lots of small houses and country churches like this out there





Lonely old country roads

It was a misty, mysterious day
Fog and spray was rolling in.......
Bindie and Tammie love to go to the ocean!



Happy Girls! (all three of us! LOL)




Love winter days on the beaches......no crowds....peaceful and quiet.




this dog could run SO FAST!



(I wrote this--below-- back in April I think)
"I am missing our walks on the beaches and hope things will be improving very soon.

Some have opened "with restrictions" meaning you must keep moving, you can't take a lawn/beach chair and sit and relax. You can't take a nice long paperback book and read in the sunshine or sit on a beach blanket and have a picnic---you must "keep moving" so that what you are are doing is technically "exercise".
What restrictions are in place in  your city/town?"
*****************************************
...and here's two books I have in my "waiting to read" stack. I haven't read either of these yet, but they say Edisto--so I hope to get to them soon!




Have any of y'all read Beth Webb Hart?
Hope your August week is going great!

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post and country ride/walk and story of Edisto Island. We went there years ago on a time-share weekend, where you get to come free for the weekend, but have to listen to their sales pitch. It was a great weekend for us and our little boys many many years go. We were in no danger of being talked into buying a time share as we had NO money, so we had a great free weekend! Those books look intriguing. I would enjoy reading them. Thanks for sharing this. Cooler days ARE coming...soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most businesses are open now but many people are choosing not to go. Theaters are doing everything to invite you inside but it has not been a success. Pop up drive-ins are all the rage and we have taken advantage of that. It was great fun. We went to our first outside restaurant last week that was very spacious and only four other customers. We felt safe and will go there again. I “might” get a haircut this week. In mid-September I will get a flu shot. I hate the life I am living, but I have hope of better days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to Edisto Island but it sounds like a place I would love.
    Love the pictures.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning..
    I've actually never been to the Low country but I would like to start taking some day trips when the weather finally breaks.. I've never read any books by that author.. Is she a good writer?... I love going to North Myrtle Beach in the winter time. All the tourists have gone home, it's not so hot and it's just peaceful to sit on the beach. I already have all my beach stuff in the car just waiting for everyone to leave and the weather to cool down and I'm set :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this time of year the rides would be my choice of outing, lots to see and staying cool and away from the critters. I love going on rides and in fact we use to fly into a city and then rent a car and take back roads to different places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be near water, even having to keep moving, sounds wonderful!!!!

    🍂🍁🍂

    ReplyDelete