"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Around town

 Well, it's August. And it's hot. And I'm starting to long for some nice cool breezes, how bout y'all?


Happy happy birthday to somebody who is Nine years old today!:




Bright, pretty, FUN! I love these balloon creations they make nowadays!


Here goes a lovely white carriage

...........yes, if you look closely you can see a happy bridal couple nestled in there.....beginning their own story, and their own future on this day.







Cracks in cement, vines, and bright trumpet blooms

Remember the long pods from my last post?--I asked if anyone knew what they were. These trumpet vines have long seed pods too, but I still don't think they are as big as the mystery pods. "Changes in the Wind" blog over in Arizona says it looks like "cat's claw".





Today's "arm candy", LOL. Here's one of my "wrist corsages" that I make. I like playing around with different colors and flowers.

Nope, no "prom" or wedding in sight......ha ha LOL--I'm wearing mine with denim capris--just because I darn well feel like it. LOL When we "get old" we can do that, right?! ha ha


Double arm candy today. Sometimes I just crack "myownself" up! ha ha
Things zooming around the city today:




Neat old cars and this little boy pedaling the bike while little brother is sitting in the basket eating pizza! Fun!

Do we think Breanna said "yes!"?







Lots of great people watching today!
Oh I just love this lady's outfit!--the beige summer tiered frock and white summer sandals to match her white dangly earrings, so pretty. Her hair is swooped up to stay cool and look at that sweet little summer pocketbook!

Although it's a blurry picture, I love the print on this lady's summer dress too.





Below, ladies in pink:



........and ladies in pastels.






The picture below made me a nervous wreck.....ha ha! LOL---I was hoping they would not FORGET, lean backwards, and tumble right out of that window!


Oh, here's another one of those beautiful balloon decorations!

How in the world do they twist and make these things?--I think they are so pretty!







YES! It's suppertime...........time to head home, y'all! So glad y'all visited with me today, and many thanks for all your sweet and fun comments. I hope everybody has a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Well Debbi, You just about showed us everything today. LOL Lots of pretty ladies in pretty colors. Love your own outfit. Have you ever rode the carriage around town. My daughters and I did in Chicago once during winter. It was so cold, that I felt sorry for the horse. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I am definitely ready for cooler weather. There is hope for next weekend but meanwhile, we sweat. So many people are dressed up and look so nice. I wonder if they are all going to the same place. Here they would would be wearing masks. I love those balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those balloons for the nine year old and all the outfits people are wearing. Like you I like the lady in the beige dress but how funny the one in the smock like thing that showed her tan and then no tan:) and how about the lady walking in the crosswalk with those high heels...yikes. It is hot here too and like you I am getting worn out with it but at least we are toward the end and not at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to the little 9 year old girl!!!!

    The beige dress is lovely, but I do not like flat flip flops. Her elegant attire calls for a simple, low heeled, comfy shoe.

    I don't think some of those ladies liked you taking their picture. Notice their faces...

    And high high heels! Yikes.

    Also no masks and the streets look crowded. ~sigh~

    🍂🍁🍂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always so much to see. Lots going on around your way. Like you, so ready for cooler temps. Our temps are out of the high 90s and in the mid 80s but I want the 60s and 70's. Ready to start putting on more clothes that cover my body! haha...rather put on then have to take off cause I can dress for the cooler temps but I am limited to what I can take off in the heat!!! At least for everyone else's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't even need to own a television set in your fabulous city, not with all there is to see just taking a walk! People watching is so much fun there and Charleston has some very stylish ladies, including yourself!

    ReplyDelete