"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Cathedral


Pretty bird on my issue of "Birds and Blooms" magazine, love the brilliant blue feathers!

Caterpillars feeding----reminds me of my friend Debbie,  https://itsallaboutpurple-debbie.blogspot.com/
 who feeds them dill she grows "herownself"--and then she releases the beautiful butterflies when they are ready!
They are having their annual photo contest..........I know a few of you who make beautiful beautiful pictures...........Please enter!!
Grand prize is $1000.


*******************************************************


Today we're walking over in the neighborhood of the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist. Here's a few pictures I made at night.





Against a moody blue summer sky




and here's the church during the bright August sunshine of daytime
I love the crosses!








LOL---Bare legs.............I got this:




"Howdy Y'all!" purrs soft gray kitty. "So glad you are on my street......be sure to go look at the big church!"














Today's "arm candy" LOL





















Neighborhood scenes:



Piano in the window:


Do any of you play the piano?
Summertime porches and gates:



Help! Does anyone know what these long skinny seed pods are? They were all over, so we brought some home! That's not stealing, right? LOL




Love these red cannas!










Pretty blue shutters and door! (almost purple)



My dangly square "emerald" earrings:

...........and, on hot summer nights, our moonflowers dance and bloom in the summer air!
Hope your week is going great!

10 comments:

  1. What great walking adventures you two go on. Thanks for sharing all of that wonderful, historical and floral beauty where you are. Thanks for checking up on me. ;-) Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, I know Debbie that raises butterflies and releases them. I call her the butterfly queen. She is amazing. Yes, I think she could win that contest. :) I like your bracelet. . I miss our St John's the Baptist church. It was struck my lightening and then a short time later had to be torn down to being unsafe. I am praying we can get a new church built soon. It was in my old neighborhood , now it's gone. Makes me sad. There's plans to re-build one day. So I truly enjoyed your pictures of the church there. Blessings to you , xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bean pod is from a cat's claw. It is first a yellow flower and then turns into the bean pod. I don't thing they serve any purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, you and susie, my biggest fans!! so nice of you to mention me here, i love the birds and blooms magazine, i submitted a picture once, and i didn't win!!

    beautiful images today, i enjoyed everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning!
    Your photos are gorgeous and that Cathedral is beautiful! Is it a Catholic Church? I've been wanting to get that magazine for about a year and I keep forgetting about it. i'm going to go order it now. Thanks for the reminder. I played the piano when I was a little girl and now as an adult I could really kick myself for stopping because I'd love to play again but I've forgotten everything I ever learned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the piano music open on the piano. I keep an old hymn book open on my piano and open the pages to a different hymn from time to time.LOVE your bracelet and ring set and cute outfit. You are stylin' my friend! Enjoy your day. Hope the sun shines! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope, not so good here.

    Today I found mouse droppings...

    ~sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some lovely photos here, especially the ones of the cathedral and crosses against that deep sky. And a sweet kitty, too!

    I've been reading a lot about people raising butterflies. That's pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing photos of that church/cathedral. Beautiful against the night sky! Love your walkabout town...you see a lot of interesting things along the way! I don't know what the seed pods are, but if they came from the same bush where the little yellow flower was, maybe that is what they are? I'd find out for sure before I planted them! Your earrings and bracelets, etc. are gorgeous! What fun!!! No, I don't play the piano. Never learned. Wasn't interested as a child...too busy playing in the woods. I wish I could play now, but not enough to take lessons. So I appreciate others' talents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful photos, they really capture the architecture and you look so lovely in your green with that beautiful jewelry, such a fancy girl!! Our son plays the piano and all I can say is it's his gift from God because neither my husband nor I are musical in any sense. He's truly amazing and love it when he comes home to visit, I miss his music in the house.

    ReplyDelete