"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, July 5, 2019

Festive 4th




I just love summer, and even though it's hot as blazes here in July, I still love summer. The heat index today was around 110, yikes! The beaches were full and the heat was too much, so we didn't go there. I spent most of the afternoon in a nice cool kitchen, making up "tater" salad and deviled eggs. We ventured out later  to go see the annual fireworks show.

Vibrant trees in full bloom! I love the crepe myrtles.

Flags welcoming at gates


and beautiful sunsets this time of year.



Lots of pretty flowers in bloom to enjoy! These are cleome, right? We call them spider flowers.

Hot things sizzling on grills around the neighborhood


and yummy things made with Duke's mayonnaise! Yum!

Sundown brings balmy breezes, some relief from the hot day.......and sparkling fireworks in the sky




We caught the Macy's fireworks when we got home!
Wow!!---their fireworks show was incredible! did any of y'all catch it? The fireworks were synchronized to some great music selections, old show tunes, classic patriotic songs, and even old and modern movie themes. I loved it.
This little girl's attention was 100% on the colorful flashes in the night sky


Lovely display in New York City tonight
Then...........caught the show from DC that John Stamos hosted. It was great too!


old time rock and roll---"Johnny B Good" from the American Idol winner

and this young lady, Eleven year old Angelica, (I think the "America's Got Talent" winner?) had the crowd on their feet

I love seeing the audience having fun!











My favorite part of the show was the O Jays singing their old hit from 1972---Love Train.


They did a great job!!


I gave these rocks with Father's Day presents. My Daddy loved his, said he "now has a piece of the Rock".....remember those old commercials? ha ha LOL I gave one to Mr. Front Porch and his Dad too.
Hope y'all had a festive, fiery, and safe holiday!
Happy Birthday, U.S.A., and God bless America!







8 comments:

  1. Great photos...a wonderful fourth of July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, I always love seeing the photos you post. My husband stayed up to watch the Macy's celebration...but I was too tired. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure did have a festive 4th! Good for you guys. We laid low and enjoyed a quite evening at home. I love you photos of the beautiful flowers and I've gotta say I've never seen a spider flower/plant before. Man those fireworks were really something and by the looks of them, I bet they were super cool to watch live. Hope you have a great weekend!!
    X0X0
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. so nice to see all of the red, white and blue and support for our country. we went and watched our town's firework show, it was really good!! those are some hot temperatures, i'm sure i would melt!!

    i am a hellmann's girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolute perfect 4th of July post...love all your pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you for staying in and cooking instead of being outside in the sweltering heat.
    You got some really great photos, Debbi. I hope you have a blessed, peaceful Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fabulous and wonderful! These are terrific photos -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazing performances! Just over the top! Enjoy your weekend! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete