"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, July 15, 2019

Walking the park



We enjoyed a stay in Savannah recently.

I always love to visit here! So much to take in, so much to photograph!
First I'll take you to one of the most famous sights in Savannah, the Forsyth Fountain.
I just love to walk around here and so do the girls!
It's a beautiful and romantic place and nearly every time we are here, we see a wedding or two, as well as engagements. It's a very pretty place and they dye the water green for St. Patrick's Day!



The fountain was built in 1858 and the park it's in was put in around the 1840s, I think.










Lots of people out enjoying the day!








Loved seeing all the beautiful ornate iron work!


Like Charleston, Savannah is a very dog friendly city.




Savannah provides nice drinking water fountains for the doggies, so nice!


the girls couldn't wait, we had enjoyed a nice long walk around downtown Savannah!

4 comments:

  1. How nice that you went to Savannah. Such a pretty city. I would love to see the living oak trees. My gosh, those adorable fences. I love them. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you live in such a beautiful place, rich with history!! the fountains are so pretty, i like the one built in 1858, what a brilliant spray in that picture!!!

    the shore area is very dog friendly too, most shops have water bowls outside their shop for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such detailed pictures of the fountain...it is gorgeous! Love those houses in a row and or course the ornate fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gypsy,

    I note that blogs are RECOGNIZING me today, after almost a YEAR in that Google limbo---haven't even read today's adventures, but wanted to tell you I haven't dropped off the planet, and enjoy all your travels, though I haven't been able to respond. TRYING NOW. Fingers crossed. in case, my new e-mail is
    ganjin042@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete