"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Raggedy Annie and Summer Rain






On a hot rain filled summer day we went in search of supper! We ended up at this deli, we love it here. The food is really good and the service is great.


I think every child should have a "Raggedy Ann or Andy" doll. They are soft, traditional, easy to pack, classic, easy to wash and dry, they don't break, and they are just plain fun! When I was a little girl and even when our kids were growing up, Raggedy Ann dolls were still common. 
With her bright red hair, big happy smile, and striped legs and soft cloth body, Annie is just so loveable!
Evidently, they have "gone out of style" and are now next to impossible to find. When I asked for them at a toy store a few years ago, the clerk looked at me with a clueless expression and  like "a WHAT kind of doll?....we have Bratz dolls!?" LOL
I've had several Annies for many many years and recently found a nice one in still good condition for granddaughter, plus I found some Raggedy Ann books. so I wrapped them all up and gave them to her, then I read her the books.
Here's some pictures from the pages. I just love big bright colorful children's books.






I had the Reuben and it was delicious!


 Neat things to look at on the walls:





That's a big one!

She loves to fix and pose the dolls, Tansy/Barbies, ponies, Annies, whatever we are playing with that day---- she gets them "just so" and then she has me make the pictures. Which suits me just fine! ha ha LOL

the Annie in the white dress is my old Annie. The one in the traditional blue dress and apron is her new doll

I taught her how to tell if it's a "real and genuine" Annie doll by looking for the heart under the dress!



Hmmmmmmmmmmm--for an "old fashioned doll" that is "out of style"-----this little girl sure did HAVE FUN with hers!

Here is granddaughter playing with my annie when she was a baby---about 6 months old---she loved the big bright happy smile on the Annie and would laugh and giggle so much at it!:




The very first time we were out and "playing Annies" somebody said "oh you have Raggedy Annie!"---you should've seen the look on Granddaughter's face.....ha ha LOL! She was like "Ma-Maw----how did they know my doll's NAME!?"  I told her Annie is FAMOUS. LOL!

We were going through the drive through for fast food a week or so later and a lady said "oh I see Raggedy Annie! We played with those a long long time ago!---the little girls today, they don't know about the Raggedy-Annie dolls!".....and granddaughter looked at me and smiled.

Do you remember the Raggedy Ann dolls and did you have one?

8 comments:

  1. Debbi, I loved all the photos. Especially your grandgirl dancing with the dolls. How sweet. I like that she poses them. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun time and granddaughter will have lots to pass on to her children one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dancing with the Annies...and walking too! Oh how I love those photos! Such fun and happy memories you are making. I never had one as a girl but I've made up for it, haven't I? I have a 'few' now! hahaha! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had a set when i was growing up....and i also have a few christmas ornaments that are hand painted!! the books looks adorable inside, i would hate to think that they are a doll going out of style!!

    that deli food looks awesome, the wall art does also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raggedy Ann’s popularity has come and gone over the years and I m sure a day will come again when she is loved by little girls again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you take photos for your granddaughter! She looks so lovely twirling in her pretty dress but my favorite picture is the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,looks like a great place ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. such an absolute delightful post.
    my mama made these dolls for my little girl, who is 50 now. i don't know if she still has them or not.
    my wrist seems to be healing fine...thank you for asking. i get the cast off the 22nd...yay

    ReplyDelete