"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Thanksgiving here in Charleston

Only 26 degrees in NYC on Thanksgiving Day! I heard it was the coldest on record for the Macy's annual parade! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

Here comes the parade!



A COLD morning in New York City!
People watching from all over



the cold didn't stop these folks from coming out for the big parade!






Granddaughter's Favorite float---Shimmer and Shine!
Here come the Teeny Genies!


Ohio State University Marching Band:





Sugarland



Grant's Pass Oregon High School Marching Band:



A dance number--tribute to Fred Astaire




Here comes the Green Giant! "Valley of the Jolly Ho-Ho-Ho!!---Green Giant!"

Martina McBride

and the beautiful Radio City Music Hall Rockettes!








Cicero-North Syracuse High School Marching Band:



Riverside City College Marching Band from Riverside, California




Homewood High School Marching Band from Homewood, Alabama






Keller High School Marching Band from Keller, Texas

Performance from the Broadway musical "Summer", a tribute to the late Donna Summer



Spirit of America Dancers:
Young ladies from all over our nation chosen to participate in this group

Their legs may be freezing.....but I just know these ladies are having the time of their lives!




Santa and his reindeer signaled the end of the parade and the beginning of the holiday season. It was a great parade. I look forward to the Macy's parade each year and it's one of the very best parts of Thanksgiving day for me. I hope you enjoyed my photos, every single performer in the parade was having a ball even though they had TO BE COLD!





My Mom gave me these beautiful light up branches

I love to make mashed "taters"! Do you?


(below) my favorite cheesecake!--oh my, it's GOOD, Y'ALL
It was windy!!
a Thanksgiving day walk
The little town of Folly Beach has their tree up!





"YES!---we had turkey and gravy!!"

4 comments:

  1. What a special time, I can't imagine being in that huge crowd and it being so cold but people do seem to be having a good time. You are so faithful to your walks and am sure the dogs are mighty happy you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as if you had a very good Thanksgiving and were lucky to be watching the parade on TV not out in the cold! Your walk by the water looks more tranquil.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you got some great images of the parade...i only took a few. we went a few years ago and i have to tell you it was the best!!! everyone says it is better to watch the parade from the comfort and warmth of home, by i'm here to tell you that's not true. there is nothing like being there!!

    looks like you had a great day. i LOVE my mashed/whipped potatoes because i use too much butter and heavy cream, they are to die for!! everyone always says they are the best and i have to agree. on to christmas now, we are going to see the rockettes, in 2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like loads of fun -- terrific photos and I can't imagine the joy on the faces seeing some of those floats! I've only seen the parade on TV so like you, I've taken more than a few pix! Fun to watch with your Little. That lighting on that photo of you with the dogs by the ocean is just glorious!

    ReplyDelete