"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, December 15, 2017

Headed to Weeki Wachee State Park







Yay....we're HERE!


I always stop for a few minutes to admire the pretty fountain before going in!



Isn't she precious!?

pretty water
Remember the little shark we bought for granddaughter back at the souvenir shop?--"Suzy Shark"?--here she is having an adventure. I carried her all over and photographed her, so by the time we got back and gave her the little shark, it had already had lots of fun adventures and pictures of them to tell her about! LOL

I love the water here and it's varied shadings, plus the water is SO CLEAR and cold, Even in the hottest of summers.


Waiting for the mermaids..........














if you're are a new reader and haven't seen the mermaids perform, you can click here for a 3 minute video:
Mermaids perform to Train song






normally, after the shows, we have our swimsuits along and go change or have them on underneath, and we go jump into the ice cold spring  to swim. It's too cold to do that in the Fall, but we did go wading in the cold water.





.....and then, a real mermaid held miss Suzy Shark!!---so this little shark had many stories to tell when she arrived back in Charleston! LOL


6 comments:

  1. Oh- I so remember going to Weeki-Wachee and watching that show back in the 70s. It was pretty amazing back at that time. We lived in Ft. Myers by then and I took several 'visitors' to see it. One of the newscasters (Mitch) married one of the red-headed underwater beauties.

    I am glad you and Suzy Shark had so much fun! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, You have the best adventures. I did not know those mermaid shows were still being done. I remember when I was little seeing them on TV. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you are taking pictures of the shark and his adventures. It looks like you are havin* nice weather on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mermaids! Very cool -- looks like loads of fun! Greetings from SNOWland Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always an amazing adventure! We live about 20 minutes from this famous place! It's ALWAYS fun to visit! And the weather is usually beautiful. Holiday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. i remember the mermaids from your last visit!! lot's to see on your road trip - i am happy you took time to take pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete