"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Over on Dock Street

In a previous post about books, I showed y'all a picture of an old book I loved

The inside book cover pictured this scene above Look at that fancy couple strolling down the street! If you look way down there, you can see another couple standing in front of what is called "the pirate house". There is a cemetery across from the church (St. Philip's) there, as well as on over on the right,about where you see the green tree spilling over the dirt/cobblestone street.

 I thought it would be fun to go make pictures of this street as IT LOOKS TODAY, so a few weeks ago, we went and did just that!

So here are pictures of the old theater and the church and the street. You can see the fancy wrought iron is now painted teal/green.




old Dock Street Theater




Old St. Philips's church, built 1836



I always pause to admire the flowers here!








the old French Huguenot church, built 1844










blooming by the sidewalk

our cemeteries here are like gardens......

isn't this bloom beautiful?


So.......let's continue our walk and go see other sights in the neighborhood, shall we?

pretty pink house

Windowboxes--bright and happy!

bottles in a window

a peek into an art gallery


beautiful paintings and a peacock!


a little free library-leave one, take one

vivid blooms way up high!


pretty street garden

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear from all of you and appreciate your sweet comments so much! Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe and healthy!

5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and don't you look cute in your jeans and top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea to reproduce that old street into today's photos. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live in such a beautiful city! I've looked to see that there is a train that goes from 'near here' to Charleston and I would love to make that trip some time. Love the sweet Free Library! Take care and stay safe during this terrible time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbi, before I had a digital camera, I visited Charleston. I was really only there for about a half a day, while Rick was doing business but I remember clearly walking down Dock Street and peeking into the theatre (which looked like it was undergoing renovations.) I remember that area so clearly and sure wish I could find even the very bad photos I took otherwise. Thanks for sending me down a very good memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet book, highlighting such a beautiful city!! the flowers are gorgeous, i have never been to charleston but would love to see it!!

    you look so pretty with the matching flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete