"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Broad Street in November

The Peoples Building---Charleston's first skyscraper



the picture above is the original bank on this location that was demolished to make way for the new skyscraper (around 1909)

Yay!!---time to get the sweaters out!!

Mint green plastic "pearls"
 and a fun ring!


This big carved gilt eagle is over the door of the Wells Fargo bank-next to the skyscraper


the bank opened in 1911

The People's Bank closed in 1936






Recent thrift store buys:


a fun sparkly pocketbook!
I found this set of books from "Knot's Landing". Anyone remember Knot's? Let's see--Val, played by Joan Van Ark, was married to Gary Ewing, he was J.R. Ewings brother from "Dallas". Knot's Landing was a spin off of Dallas I think. I loved the show but don't remember alot about it all these years later. I remember the character of Karen (in the white hat below), I think she was married to Sid? They had a teenage daughter I think? And then came Abby.....played by Donna Mills, I think she moved into the neighborhood and created lots of havoc! ha ha LOL Seems like I remember a character named "Cee Gee", a singer with a short spikey hair cut  maybe?--not sure if it was this show.I'm sitting here remembering the prime time soaps we used to watch back in the late Seventies and the Eighties, shows like Dallas, Knot's, Dynasty and Falcon Crest etc. Were any of these your favorites?




Anyway, I didn't buy the books, but I had fun looking at them! LOL
Also got this fun purse--I loved the big snap closure on top! And the ruffly flower on the front.
Got these three books--which one should I read first?


The sun goes down, and city lights come on




Do you have the booze pops vans where you live? We have several parked on street corners

Tonight was the tree lighting ceremony for the little tree that sits in the middle of Rutledge pond. It's now all bright and merry! I love how it reflects in the water.


We like to take picnics there, here's a few pictures of the pond in the daytime:


one of my favorites.....the chicken cordon bleu sandwich from Publix! It's SO DELICIOUS!

the Barbies and the "Tansies" enjoying the pretty view!



We love to catch a sunset here!

Yay!--it's the weekend! I hope y'all have a great one!








4 comments:

  1. Oh where to start...such variety on this post. Love the picture of the skyscraper from the beginning. Love the new purse with the flower on the front. The sunset picture is wonderful and such sweet pictures of the granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such beautiful style my friend! And now look...your Barbies are styling too! I love the handbags and can't wait to hear about the books you plan to read. I don't remember Knott's Landing....I may have been busy raising kids at the time! hahaha! I missed a lot of things when all 4 of them were little...at the same time! lol Enjoy your weekend sweet friend! PS Can I borrow some of your jewelry...like sisters do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a snappy little dresser! I always love to see what you are going to wear next You're also quite the historian and its fun to learn about these great buildings and different sights on your walks. Ok, I could totally talk Knotts Landing with you. Early in our marriage my husband and I used to watch that show faithfully, I didn't even know there were books about it. What a fun find. Those Barbies have it dialed in, doing what I love, sitting in the sun enjoying the warmth!
    Take care my friend!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. charleston is so beautiful, night or day!! the reflection of the christmas tree is so pretty and what a gorgeous sunset. life is good for you and i hope you had a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete