"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Nice kitty!

 






Our walk today takes us down ancient cobblestone streets

..........past the ornate decor of the old Dock Street theater..........

Past the Pirate House............
the gate at the old Pirate House.......it says 'no trespassing'......but we've been back there! LOL



..........and then we come upon the old cemetery.
Spanish moss drifts lazily in the air.........and I'm about to make a new friend!

something that looks like FUR has caught my eye...........it moves...........

Why YES!----it's a pretty little kitty! A kitty in the cemetery......does that make it a "cemekitty"??! LOL

He cautiously peeks out at me........

I am sweet talking him the whole time..........
Here he comes!! the tail goes swish.......swish.........
ooooops!---where'd you go???
awwwwwww, there you are! Such a handsome proud pretty kitty! What is your name, Pretty Kitty?---I shall call you Butterscotch, like a kitty I had many lifetimes ago, who looked just like you!
......and OFF he goes.........to tend to his business, make his calls.......and make his nightly rounds.




Is anyone home? Maybe just in that one lone room upstairs! LOL



Lots of Spanish moss here!













the stones were brought over as ballast, on old old ships, centuries ago




peeking into the shop window

That's a brilliant and colorful lamp! And love these red bottles!



gorgeous vase!







all of the blue/white............I'll take one of each please! LOL


oh, aren't these "guard dogs" so cute???





These are so pretty.....love the bright colors and patterns!






the moon is shining, the streetlamps are on........houses are lit up. Time to go in.

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty kitty! And Butterscotch is a perfect name for him. Such good photos tonight - as always. That lone light shining in that big spooky building looks intriguing. You see the coolest things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would think you would see a kitty in a cemetery. Love the old cobblestone streets and the Spanish moss. How strange that that building was totally dark accept the one room. Love the guard dogs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so nice to see you smiling today debbi, "smiling's my favorite" (from the elf movie)!! today was one of my favorite walks with you...seeing the spanish moss, something we don't have here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Debbi, this was so neat! I LOVE Butterscotch! Perfect name for that kitty. I'm so glad he stayed around long enough to visit with you. He was so sweet! And yes, I am intrigued by that one lone light on way up there in the very tip top of that dark dark building! Really makes you want to see who's up there! Loved all the blue and white stuff too, and the others that were so colorful...and the chandeliers...and that MOON! Oh, you do take the most interesting evening walks! You are brave going out at night like that! Thank you for sharing it all with us. I enjoyed this stroll so much. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the quote about a book...they make me so happy. I got another old Alice and Jerry reader from Etsy this week. Oh how I love these old schoolbooks. The photo right under the one with the blue vases in the window is my favorite...kind of a blue with a window with golden panes of glass. Oh my! I could spin a story out of each and every one of your photos there in the city! Enjoy your week. The weather is gorgeous here! I hope it is there too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! The pirate gate! Butterscotch in a cemetery! Critters love cemeteries ... I think it's the quiet. Gorgeous shots today, Debbie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really special pictures...all of them. I love the kitty in the cemetery, and the moon picture. I also love Spanish Moss. That was one of favorite things about livimg near Charleston many many years ago. My sister and Brother-in-law and visited Charleston for a week about a month ago.

    ReplyDelete