"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, March 15, 2021

Sparkles! and presents

I love pretty sparkly things!!-----

.......especially if they shoot rainbows out! LOL
...........and Christmas presents!
What was your favorite Christmas present this  year? I meant to put this post up weeks ago, and never got around to it! So I'll just do it IT TODAY! HA HA LOL

Christmas present to myself, LOL! These vintage white plastic reindeer. I played with my Mom's set all throughout my childhood.
She had picked them up at a drugstore back in the 1960s, they also sold RED ONES, but the white ones were the most popular.
Each year Soon as those Christmas boxes came down from the attic, I was looking for my beloved white "reindeers". LOL
Many many hours were spent playing with these, alone and with my little brother. So when I got lucky and found a set for sale, I JUMPED ON IT!

They even still have the original (faded) red ribbons, and the jingle bells. And the tails were not broken off, which is very common. The original new reindeer also had beautifully painted long fluttering eyelashes, but those have faded away. That is ok, I still love them.






Another favorite present---my sweet little Tracie! Having so much fun with her!

And books!

Some fun books about Charleston and near-by Beaufort

and our new little electric fireplace, oh how I LOVE IT. It's toasty warm and truly looks so authentic, even better than I had hoped for! I had been wanting one since last winter and last winter when we went to get one, they had SOLD OUT. So glad to have got one now.

Well, if you remember from a post or two back, I added to my little doll family with Amybelle.


 So here I am taking her out for her first outing.LOL. Yes, I LOVE making pictures of my dolls!

Pretty spring clothes out in the stores:
Pretty spring colors!



Oh I LOVE THIS DRESS!


pretty spring frocks--ready to try on! Which one do you want?















And one night I made pictures of them in front of the church:







see Amybelle here?--she is waving at her and Tracie's little cousin who lives down in sunny Florida--Lily Grace!



Saw these in a magazine--thought the green eggs would be fun for St. Patricks day.




I found this pretty bracelet for like only .99 cents!! I thought it was real pretty for that price!



Yay daylight savings time is BACK!! SO GLAD!


5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so lovely!! So many sparkles and so much joy! You know how I already feel about Tracie and Amybelle! And of course, my Lily Grace! Would be such fun to get them all three together for a real adventure! I wonder who would have the most fun...them or US? And that bracelet is gorgeous! Oh, and I loved that first flowered dress you showed...that is beautiful. I probably wouldn't be able to wear it. I tend to be way too conservative in dressing and don't like to be too conspicuous, but that really speaks to me! So lovely and feminine and springy. Which dress would YOU pick? I think it would be such fun to dress up in those pretty dresses, and take our dollies and walk the streets together! LOL. Wouldn't we be a sight? Might need an armed guard...for the dollies of course!! That would be so much fun. You are amazing. God bless you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First ... your new bracelet is SO cute! And I want the BLACK dress in the window ... what store is that? Do tell! Tracie and Amybelle are adorable and having way too much fun down in Chucktown. SPARKLES? YES PLEASE! The more it sparkles, the more I like it! Your reindeer are DARLING and so nostalgic! What a treasure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Daylight Saving Time too. It's the best. You know, I'm trying to remember my favorite Christmas present and I don't think I can even remember one gift I got except my vacuum cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA....I don't like green food! Just kidding I don't like the thoughs of eating green eggs! Or spinach, or kale, I am not even a fan of lettuce. Oh I love sparkle too. Esp to wear. I love BLING but not over the top, a hint here and there. I love the BLING with lace and denim. Yep....spring colors out all over. I was shocked that right after Valentines day there were bathing suits out. Come on...I hate buying them period but esp that time of yr. When I clicked on your blog I thought I clicked on the wrong one with Christmas stuff coming up!! Ready for spring thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those first few sparkly pictures, so pretty!! i love that boho dress, it would be great for summer or to slip over my bathing suit!!

    i am happy to welcome daylight savings time except that i don't like to close the work day until it gets dark. that's a little bit of a problem right now!!

    cool green eggs and ham!!

    ReplyDelete