"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, January 3, 2020

It's 2020!







New Year's Eve found us eating out an early (for us!) supper at one of our favorites--Outback.
Doesn't this look delicious!?......It WAS! I love their salads, the house one and the Caesar 


I enjoyed every single bite!


With all the choices of amazing restaurants here in Charleston, some may wonder why in the world we would go to a chain restaurant!? LOL--because you KNOW what you are getting there, the food is always good and if not, they make it right, and the service at our Outback here is outstanding! We also didn't have to wait too long for a table.

Later on we ventured out for the New Year festivities


Balloons blowing in the cold breezes:











It's a great night for people watching! Lol I love to see what everybody is wearing! Lots of sequins and sparkly dresses out tonight.
*******************************************************
I've been seeing alot of the young girls wearing the white boots, have y'all? (girl on the far left in picture below)
  Okay--this is so funny to me because.......I just want to grab them and say "Honey I'm so OLD I WORE THOSE WHITE BOOTS WAAAAY BACK IN THE DAY, the first time around--- AND THEY WERE CALLED "GO-GO" boots!! ha ha LOL
Did any of y'all wear go-go boots back in that era? I'd love to hear about your boots and your outfits.
My favorite was a cotton knit puffed sleeve mini dress, it was candy colored stripes, and I wore white tights underneath it, and then my beloved go-go boots. LOL
When go-go boots first became popular (wasn't it from the whole Carnaby Street thing maybe??---we all wanted to look "so mod"!), I think they were all flat soled, (and not knee high, they were lower) easy for dancing. All the dancers on Hullabaloo wore them I think? Maybe girls on Shin Dig, although  maybe that was all filmed on the beach if I remember? Anyone remember?
 Does anyone remember the go-go dancers dancing in cages on the popular shows? LOL Did anyone watch the show "Where the Action Is"? The dancers on American Bandstand wore them too.
We also wore "fish net" panty hose with our boots....anyone remember those? Black ones, white ones, sometimes different colors.
As the years passed, the higher heel boots became popular and like my white flat go-go boots, I couldn't wait to get a pair! By then were were wearing "granny dresses", ---long maxi dresses, with our boots. We also wore the knee high tall high boots with  dresses and skirts. The granny boots with laces up the front were the most popular where I lived, shiny black ones and white ones too. They had a "wet look" leather to them. (stretchy wet look vinyl or patent leather maybe?)
Later on we wore our tall boots with "hot pants". LOL They were always worn with "panty hose" to make our legs look so smooth and pretty color. Leggs brand panty hose in the color Suntan were the most popular where I lived, and sold out fast!
 Us girls got by wearing hot pants to school by wearing something called "sizzlers"---short dresses with little matching shorts  underneath. The dresses/skirts usually had a slit right up the front so you could see the hot pants or matching "panties". We also had hot pants ensembles that came with a matching longer vest that was worn over the hot pants, offering a little bit of cover, at least from the back. The front was worn open. LOL

Goodness, we loved our boots! LOL.....and of course the "Boots" song by Nancy Sinatra was a favorite.

Years later......came the "Dingo" style boots, and also "Frye" boots. Those were the most coveted brands. They were western style boots and we tucked our pants into them or wore them with "gaucho" pants. (like culotte pants) The boots were warm and comfortable, even in winter.
******************************************************
This poor girl in the silver dress looks to be freezing!!
I have absolutely nothing against mini skirts....I wore mini skirts! But goodness gracious this is very short! (girl below) LOL She has got to be cold. Brrrrrr.....




Some of us bundled up as it got colder and colder! LOL No mini skirts or bare legs for me tonight!! ha ha

Enjoying on tv these winter nights:

We just finished up The Crown. I love this show!!
And Anne with an E begins this weekend, I think. It's been cancelled, and this is the last Season. I really liked this show too!

So glad you've all been reading my  blog this year...and thank you for all the kind comments! I love hearing from y'all, and love reading your blogs too! Many of y'all have become real friends. May 2020 be your best year yet!
...........and don't forget to tell me all about your boots if your wore them! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great NYE...we love Outback too! I remember when I was in elementary school I had a pair of white boots that last all the way up...I loved them! I love Anne With An E...I saw the new season was starting but didn't know it was the last 😔

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ran across your charming blog. You are lucky to live in Charleston, SC..yay... I am a SC girl, born and raised, though a N. Carolinian now for many years, and also love it. Your blog is so cute and colorful..love the dollies and their fashion flair. Happy New Year..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped in and visited my blog and hope you return many many times! Your blog doesn't have a comment place and the email wouldn't work for me. Welcome, new friend!!

      Delete
  3. Only wore western boots back in the day but do wear the popular boots today, mainly with leggings. It is true the older we get the more we wrap up, I guess our blood gets thinner. Love the little bistro tables and the single rose in the vase. Makes you think it is outdoor weather and the picture of the light with the big bow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lovely New Year's Eve. I hope the new year treats you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgoodness...how in the world do you remember all of this!! i remembered as i read but i'm not sure i would have remembered on my own!! so i remembered most of these fashion trends...and saddle shoes were big when i was growing up!!

    i like outback but in our area if we are going to go to a steak house chain, we go to longhorn.

    happy new year debbi, it's been very warm here so i assume it's been pretty warm by you!!

    ReplyDelete