"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Thrifting in December


"Be very suspicious of anyone who does not have books at home or in the office....or who stammers when you ask them about the last book they read..." Shelly Branch

Recent thrift store shopping:
I've never heard of these "Katy" books, have  y'all? Wonder if they are any good. They sure have pretty covers of old fashioned scenes!


I love to listen to the Judds sing their old songs.....so I will probably like this book. Remember "Why not Me?" and "Tell me bout the good 'ole days" and "Mama he's Crazy"?


I love to read good books to fairy granddaughter. And we love books with big bright colorful pictures!





Found this really nice big coffee table size book about dogs:

I love to see dogs having fun in the water!

I found a vintage book about Atlanta, Georgia. It has some really neat old pictures!

And I was thrilled to find this old vintage Nancy Drew mystery. I sure spent hours and HOURS reading the Nancy Drew novels when I was a young girl. I just loved them.

The front of the books had these drawings......I immediately recognized them as I spent alot of time studying these in my Nancy Drew years. Was so neat to see these old drawings again.
We had alot of fun trying to figure out which drawing went with which book! ( I don't think we ever figured it all out, LOL!)




I'm sure I read these books.....probably more than once! LOL But I don't remember the story in them at all. 

My little best girlfriend and I would take our allowances and birthday money and buy the books, and then trade them back and forth, sharing with each other.


got this beautiful blue vase....love that shade of blue!


Speaking of children's books with big colorful pictures.....I got this one and it didn't dissapoint.....the big pictures are amazing! (if you don't like alligators--please just scroll on by, LOL!)




I would recommend this book for both girls and boys. It's a fun easy read and they can learn alot just by looking at the pictures.





Love this picture of the little babies in the Mommy's big JAWS!!

Have y'all been to any thrift stores lately?

4 comments:

  1. when i used to read, i almost always borrowed from the library, i thought that was the best way to recycle books. i can't read anymore and there are few books in the house. mostly scrapbooks, blog books, and coffee table books!!! all others i donated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to a thrift store in a couple of months but want to soon. We did go to Nashville's largest antique store, 2 warehouses, before Christmas and that was fun. You got some great things! Oh how I loved Nancy Drew books as a young teen, wish I still had them. The Waterfall's Gift looks like a lovely book. Debbi, have you seen that your beautiful city is featured in the new Garden & Gun issue? I subscribe to it and immediately thought of you as I read it, knowing that you probably had seen all the places they featured. I enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Nancy Drew book has always been my favorite of them all! And what a wonderful old copy you found. LOVE the cute Katy books...don't think I've ever seen them though. The Alligator is pretty cute too. We saw baby alligators at Blue Run last week...with those little stripes on them. I've been looking at Etsy for a book to add to my collection....one of the old readers I think. It sure is fun to have the old books from my school days. I know you are younger than me but we love the same ones! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore children's books -- you had some good finds! And what girl didn't love Nancy Drew?

    ReplyDelete