"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Day Trip

 "Let Freedom Ring!!"



My Country tis of thee, sweet land of Liberty!



Recently we went on a little day trip to:


Saw lots of neat things, like this old building with al the vines trailing down it




Lots of pretty old historic buildings and homes
the old water tower, 133 feet tall

This old water tower used to house the local JAIL!! It was built in the early 1900s and has 3 jail cells on the bottom. The cells were also later used for travellers who couldn't pay for a hotel stay, they could sleep here for free.



the City has a pretty town fountain



I liked this old brick building! It was painted in bright colors. It had lots of neat things in the windows.








and on the sidewalk.....the pretty Resident kitty cat





The side of the building and the upstairs porch is where all the pretty color is!!
love all the pretty woodwork!


Enjoyed some window shopping next:

some beautiful old china pieces

 I fell in love with this beautiful pillow!















I liked seeing this old coffee pot set in this store window

Here's my collection at home:

I think the percolator in the middle of my collection is from the 1920s, when you could first get electric ones.




found a dollhouse! You know I had to stop and look at that! LOL



Lots of interesting things to see, and lots of RED CHAIRS, Walterboro's symbol
Visiting Walterboro's War Memorial. Its right in the middle of downtown, and very nice. 
There is a beautiful big fountain spilling over the top of a building









a pretty tablecloth in a window



The city's fountain again.......and lots of plants and green trees.....signs of summer's arrival

Then we took a little drive to visit this big red chair! That was fun!














Found an old cemetery too:




a quiet lane



Pretty flowers, and an amazing old gate! You know how I love old gates! The older, the creakier, the rustier, the better! LOL



It was a nice day, fun to go see new things!

Hope you enjoy a very merry 4th of July! The heat and humidity have arrived in South Carolina!










4 comments:

  1. What fun time and that chair is huge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walterboro is pretty special! We spent a day there back in the spring, right after the Murdaugh trial ended with the correct verdict, haaha! Love the red rocking chairs and I think that old coffee pot is gorgeous! Happy Fourth of July! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely old town! I am so glad you are getting out and about and seeing some beautiful places! Love the red rocking chairs and all the pretty things you found in the windows...It all looks so lovely, and so do you! I think country living is agreeing with you! Take care my friend and try to stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made some great pictures and my favorite ones are of YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete