"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Georgia visit Two

 Enjoying our anniversary trip to Savannah, Georgia!





The architecture, the iron work, the old buildings.....all so fascinating

Vibrant flowers adorn porches and burst into bloom in gardens














Let's head over to the big fountain in Forsyth Park, shall we?
The fountain was built in 1858. The lady on top is in a robe and carrying a staff.
Long Spanish moss hanging from the big old oak trees sways in the lazy breezes.
The fountain is adorned with triton figures and big birds
The mist from the fountain feels great on a hot summer day!

Families gather to take pictures




Happy graduates making pictures!


and there are always weddings taking place, fun to see.




I love to walk the historic neighborhoods










Here comes another wedding!


Pretty dresses and flowers!



pretty maids....all in a row

Below, the Mansion at Forsyth Park. I heard they are giving it a new name though....Hotel Bardo Savannah.
It was built in 1888, and was once a funeral parlor.



















Love all the bright summer flowers! And those pretty steps below!










"I went to a garden party, 
to reminisce with my old friends
a chance to share old memories
play our so
ngs again"
......Ricky Nelson 1972


Savannah is very much like Charleston

Folks enjoying Forsyth Park. I think it's about 30 acres and it's very pretty

....and here we come upon another wedding!















pink flowers and promises.....






Spider flowers, pretty and purple. I think their "real" name is Cleome, maybe? I've tried growing these with no luck. 
















Old bricks and ornate ironwork



By now we were hungry, and looking for a place to eat!




We had a good supper. I had scallops and "tater" salad. The "tater" salad was good, and a huge portion! LOL The sweet tea was great

Sunset arrives, and tables both inside and out, fill quickly. 






People in line for ice cream at the famous Leopold's



I love these embroidery pillows! They have them in Charleston too.

















Folks gather around their tour guide

Scenes leaving Savannah as the sun sets. 



It was a great anniversary! We enjoyed Savannah so much, we always do. And I loved going to Wormsloe!
Hope everyone is staying cool and hydrated, it's sure a hot summer.

5 comments:

  1. Love all the fencing, and the older buildings. My faves. Answers to your questions on my blog..No, I am not feeling well at all. My post today will explain. I tried working around the house yesterday with way too many breaks but today, I am doing NOTHING....which is not good cause I have things left from yesterday and the day before....and so on, so on, that needs doing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Debbi, what a wonderful trip to Savannah!! It is very much like Charleston! Really really beautiful! Thank you for sharing your anniversary trip with us! It looks like so much fun. And you look wonderful too. I love the hat!!! Happy Anniversary again...how many years? I am happy you were able to do something so nice to celebrate. We rarely do much of anything for ours. Maybe go out to eat...we'll see...it's always too hot in August to do anything much! I wish we'd have gotten married in the fall instead! LOL. But I didn't want to wait that long! LOL. Our modem is dying and the internet is going in and out...they can't fix it until Thursday, so I may disappear all of a sudden. I'm trying to write while I can! LOL. Take care my friend. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Front Porch. I love Savannah and Charleston but not when it's hot. I just can't do that anymore! It is high time I got back down to Bonaventure Cemetery again, though. Maybe in the fall. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...what a great post debbi, there really is so much to see and i don't think you missed anything!! i am always so happy to see you in the pictures, you look great!! happy anniversary girlfriend, my favorite picture was those steps with all the pretty green growth on them!! i also really enjoyed all of the flowers, such beautiful colors.

    my mom is not doing well but i finally have her at home with 24/7 care. i have been so busy, it's all a lot of work and one of the hardest things i have ever done!! thanks so much for always thinking of me and asking!!

    ReplyDelete