"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, October 17, 2022

Mary's House

 



Well, it took me almost ALL SUMMER to finish this book. It's a BIG ONE. And full of history. Not really light or easy reading, well unless you love history! ( I do!) LOL


I loved reading about Mary and her family

I found my new embroidered pocketbook at the thrift store---I love it! I love embroidered things---scarves, blouses, pocketbooks, pillowcases and tablecloths.







my copy--I love autographed books


"arm candy" today---my big chunky cheap fun plastic chain bracelets! I wore them alot this summer! They are going with my Fall outfits too.

a glance at some neat arthitecture:

I have photographed this old masonic building many times over the years

curved windows, I think?





there goes a bachelorette party!
 There are dozens of these every weekend and some on weekdays as well

old old bricks in Ansonborough




crowded  streets. Everybody still wearing shorts here this past weekend. It felt pretty hot to me. Not as bad as deep in Summer....but hot. The humidity was down though, yay!











these ladies are taking a break from the heat!







I made these crepe myrtle pictures below back in the late summer. They are pretty much done blooming now.






my zinnias from this summer. They are still blooming!
Happy Monday, hope your week has started off great!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos of the city streets and buildings and people. I hope you are enjoying some beautiful autumn days...looking forward to seeing what that's like for you these days... :) Enjoyed your post as always. Thinking of you now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some serious wire above those gates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- another wonderful walk! Mary's world and house sound fascinating. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy walking with you, thanks for taking me along....but you wear me out!! lol....that is ONE WICKED fence and gate. OUCH if you tried to climb it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really adore where you live, everything is so festive and beautiful. it's been so good to hear from you, my broken ribs are starting to heal, my wrist has to be in a cast for a total of 6 weeks. the crepe myrtle in our area were gorgeous this year, i did an entire post on all the different colors. your zinnias are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbi! Still hot here too, although cold at night and in the mornings, and as you said, that wonderful low humidity! Makes all the difference on the daily walk! xoxo

    ReplyDelete