"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, October 27, 2022

a walk in the Spring, and reading in the Fall

 

I made these pictures back in the Spring and missed getting them posted....

Got one of my favorite spring/summer scarves out.........ready to go for an evening walk! I'm headed out to see what all is blooming today!








Pink dogwood? Cherry tree? Redbud? Who knows?

Oh these are so pretty!






I see fairy stones scattered about!


Plenty of Carolina jessamine left to enjoy but it doesn't last long!






I see more Fairy stones!

the lights are coming on in the city.......


It gets dark quickly. And it will be even quicker after the Time change next week.











fairies have been busy!



lights on the houses......folks settling in for a quiet evening. Tables are set, Suppers are being served, babies are being bathed, kids are finishing their homework, and doggies are going out for "just one more time tonight".



***************************************
Watched any good movies lately?
We watched "A cowgirl's Song" last night. It was good, it started out slow, but got better as the movie went on. Lots of good country music. The young girls who sang did a great job, beautiful voices, so talented! And Cheryl Ladd did great singing her own songs as well. (I didn't know she could sing!)
Netflix

Netflix
Any good Fall reads your way? After that big long history book I read on all summer, (previous post) I've switched to lighter reads! LOL
I had these young adult books set aside for Fairy Granddaughter and got interested in the Evvy's Civil War one. I thought it might be one she would like, but as I was reading along, I could see that it would be best saved for around 7th grade or so.
It was for teens/young girls but I got interested and enjoyed it alot, well written.

So....then I picked up these I'd got for Fairy Granddaughter as well, and got interested in the "Dear America" series of history based novels for young girls. They are great!--and have many stories from many different eras, Civil War, Depression, the 1960s, both World Wars, Pearl Harbor, etc. Good little stories.


A dear friend surprised me with this book! I love watching the old Waltons (began 1972) tv show, about the big rural Virginia family back in the Depression. I loved watching it back "in the day", and I love watching it now. 






pictures from the Author's own family in the book as well







I loved this book, it had so many stories about the show and so many pictures.








Hope your week has gone well, and I'm looking foward to seeing books for those of you who enjoy reading, and movies if you've seen any good ones lately! How is Fall in your area?

4 comments:

  1. How nice to see some lovely spring blossoms now that we are in the "dead" of fall, with lots of lovely fall color here and there, but not many blossoms, except for wildflowers, which I love. Looks like Tansy enjoyed that walk with you. I'm waiting and wondering what kind of walks you will be taking now in your new location...hint hint. Those books look interesting...esp. the one about the Waltons. I haven't been doing much reading lately or movie watching. Since we started working at Dixie Cottage, my time is a bit more restricted...but that's okay. I enjoy working at the store and meeting people and seeing the pretty things that come in to sell. We've had a lovely fall here for Florida. Can't believe it is already almost November, and then Christmas is upon us! Wow! Where did the year go? Take care my dear friend...and I am looking forward to seeing how "fall is in YOUR area!" hint hint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spring pictures were too pretty not to post, Debbi! I love how you caught Old Glory waving too. And I especially love your description of what people would be doing in their houses as early evening sets in now in late October, very pretty. I could just see it happening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie. We bought the DVDs for When calls the heart and we are watching those. Very restful and enjoyable. Love the fairy stones. Beautiful weather here so I have a hike planned for tomorrow! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's fun to see spring pictures at the start of fall. your pink tree is not a dogwood. no cherry tree that i know. it may be a redbud, but i am not sure. it is a beauty. i am thinking about joining a book club, one that my knitting friends are starting. i have not watched any good movies lately. i hope to get out later today to see the trees. i am doing ok, i know you always ask, lots of pain in my rib area!

    ReplyDelete