"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Gone Country!

 

come with us on our new adventure!



(yep, it's dirty, it's an outside rug! LOL)



Crowded City streets have given way to porch pumpkins and cotton fields!






love seeing the fields of fluffy white cotton.....it looks like snow!


also seeing the bright sunflowers and seeing the farmers harvesting their fields
Fairy Granddaughter came to visit:



take a snack to the chickens and gather eggs right in your dress!







Who can identify this plant???!!--some kind of thistle?

A lovely housewarming present from a dear sweet friend! I will treasure it always!

I'm still looking for the perfect place to hang it up!



and here's the pretty card that came with it:






We had no trick or treaters here, but we did have some delicious cookies!

5 comments:

  1. Granddaughter is so cute in her dress and boots and eggs tucked in tight. Nothing like the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, be still my heart!!! I am SO happy you finally took the plunge and shared your new adventure with us!!! I've been bursting at the seams to want to talk about it here, as you know! I LOVE the pictures of you, and also the precious ones of Fairy Granddaughter in her sweet dress and boots and carrying the eggs in her skirt! How wonderful is that???? And I love that teacup birdfeeder (of course!). I do hope you will find a little pretty garden spot to place it on a shepherd's hook or something else to display it. Just something to add to the pretty of your beautiful yard and home. I can't wait to see MORE!!!!! And that cookie sure looks good enough to eat! Did you make it? I am so very very happy for you, and happy that Fairy Granddaughter has already been there too. I hope she loved it. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. I love seeing the cotton fields and cotton balls, and those sunflowers are gorgeous!!! I know you are going to LOVE it there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've moved to the country? Oh my! How exciting is that! I can't wait to see more and hear what you think....oh and what you hear! The flower is Lion's Ear and I identified it this year too. It looks so neat when it's blooming or just the little balls on a twig! Enjoy your new adventure! Tell all! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. you moved to the country, how exciting!! and you have chickens, i am so jealous!! i can't wait to hear about all of your new adventures, you look so happy!! the cotton is so pretty, i have not seen a close up of cotton in years.

    gathering eggs in your skirt, it does not get more country than that!!

    we only had a few visitors for halloween. trunk or treat has gotten so popular, i guess kids don't go door to door. if you are way out in the country, it may not be worth the walk. the cookies look so good!!!

    ReplyDelete