"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

School's In!

 

Has school started back up in  your neck of the woods?

A few months ago, I put together a bag of "summer reading" for little Fairy Granddaughter. I enjoy finding and putting the books together so much! I think it's so important for kids to keep on reading all during the summer, even though school is out. Reading is LOTS OF FUN too! So I have always encouraged that for her and I buy her lots of books. The "summer fun" bag is alot of fun to put together.

 Lots of times I find old classics like the Laura Ingalls books. I sure spent hours and hours reading these same books when I was a little girl.I loved Laura's adventures with her family, and later on, I loved the t/v show as well. Did you?



This fairy book has beautiful big bright pictures!





This is a fun section---with all the "types" of flower fairies






Pony books and fairy books!
Yes, I tie lots of them up with pretty ribbons.....because what little girl doesn't like pretty ribbons??

I added stickers! and a movie! It's one of those American Girl ones, they teach history in such a fun way!








I also added sidewalk chalk and some fun "mermaid" pudding I noticed at the grocery! LOL


and a fun little sign and a little doll
 and some Barbie shoes and accessories




a rainbow fan, a pretty hankie, and a copy of Little Women


fun summer t-shirts:


....and a pretty bag to put it all in.


I hope this bag of summer fun goodies kept her busy and happily occupied this summer!
I haven't read as many books this summer as usual, but I'm working on it! LOL---how 'bout you !

7 comments:

  1. My daughter had a whole series of Laura's books. I did not however read them. Looks like a great reading adventure. I have tried to find something to read to peek my interest for bedtime but I have not located anything in the last few weeks. I don't like spending a lot of books cause I read them once and then I give away. I used to keep books and they took up way too much room. I pick some up at Goodwill and thrift stores. I want to do a personal pick up a book, leave a book thing outside by my mailbox. Trying to find out the rules and regs of codes to see if that is doable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting that I never saw the Laura Ingalls' books when I was a child. I don't know why. I read them as an adult and loved them all. Your fairy granddaughter is so blessed to have you for a grandmother! I am sure she enjoyed all of those wonderful books and toys and fan and shirts...and just so much love in that package. You are such a joy-filled person! Thank you for being who you are. You certainly have blessed my life with Lily Grace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great summer assortment you put in that book bag! I bet your fairy granddaughter was over joyed to have received a wonderful summer gift bag. And yes, how I loved the Laura Ingals books just seeing the cover of them brings back so many warm memories. I also enjoyed the t.v. show it was so wholesome and fun. What a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you adopt me? I love these books and the fun you have putting together these bags. I am reading and even working on some junk journals right now while the weather is SO HOT! I ordered an old school book from Etsy that is supposed to come today. We could read it together! Hugs and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special gift. I just know she will treasure it and how wonderful to be entertained, and taught at the same time. You are a wonderful Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing gift!!! I'm sure she enjoyed every single thing! I know I would have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is ... one, I would have been ecstatic to receive this kind of a goodie bag from ANYONE when I was a little girl, and two, I had wonderful grandmothers but neither one would EVER have made such a goodie bag for me! You go above and beyond for Fairy Granddaughter and she is so fortunate to have you ... and YES I read all the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, and watched the show too! As good as the show was, I liked the books better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete