"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, July 2, 2020

my magnolia tree


Today I'll take y'all over to see "my" Magnolia tree. I call her "my magnolia" tree but of course she isn't really mine, she lives in a big public park. LOL

I've been waiting for her to bloom, and now she has!



Shiny glossy leaves and big white blooms.....I never tire of looking at them!
Pretty sky today!
now...........sssssssshhhh---don't tell the other magnolias..........but she is my favorite.......
She's so big and elegant...........she even invites me to come walk underneath her big graceful limbs!


from a distance, the magnolia trees look like bunches of big white birds have come to rest on the branches

some of my new embroidered pocketbook straps..........I LOVE THEM!!


How is your week going?

8 comments:

  1. What a magnificent magnolia tree! And you look beautiful under it! We don't have one in our yard and every year when we see them in bloom around us RH says "I've got to buy a magnolia tree!" Maybe this fall he will. Those blossoms are unbelievable. And I love your embroidered straps!

    This week has flown by! I'm now down to one time at PT for my back pain so that's a good thing. And a weekend ahead to celebrate the birth of our beautiful country, another very good thing.

    Best to you, Debbi,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, That is the perfect tree for you....you look like a flower child in your flowy skirt and hat. Blessings for a fun filled 4th, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. First let me say, I love that you wear long skirts!!! I love long dresses/skirts too!!!!!! Especially in summer.

    In winter, since I can't "stand" the feel of tights or leggings, which people wear to keep warm, under skirts, I can't wear as many skirts. But in summer!!!! Hooray, hooray! It's very simple dresses and skirts for me!!!

    Oh how lovely is "your" magnolia tree! And how delightful it must be, to enjoy the whiff of her blossoms. Oh happy sighhhhhh...

    Happy 4th of July!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Susie Q! You ARE a Flower Child! I LOVE that skirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tree is a thing of beauty and I don’t blMe you for adopting her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love 'your' magnolia tree. I would love to grow one here, but they are expensive. I've seen them around and the flowers are wonderful and the scent sweet.

    Love your skirt. I have to wear pants when working outside, may start wearing my colorful skirts inside, just for me to feel pretty and enjoy.

    Have a nice holiday weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I LOVE Magnolia trees. There was a large one near where I worked (Texas) years ago... I'd stop there in the mornings and take a bloom back to my office... The aroma was FABULOUS --in the office that entire day!!!!!!

    You are lucky to have that beauty!!!

    Stay safe and healthy.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete