"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, July 3, 2020

Brides and celebrations


Goodness Gracious, can you believe it's already JULY??!


Normally, by this time of year, I've made pictures of dozens of brides....this year I've only seen FIVE---three pictured here.
Venues cancelled and brides scrambled to either cancel or reschedule their spring and summer weddings. I was sad for them all.
Alot of brides and grooms wanted to be married rather than WAIT this thing out, and they opted for at home or backyard weddings, the old fashioned way, which I love. Many are still waiting. I haven't seen a single beach wedding this year but there might've been some after they opened the beaches back up. Still, gatherings were still limited to size and that stopped many who had dreamed of large weddings.
When they opened the park back up here, these two brides opted to marry here in the park.
The first picture of that bride up on the Battery, not sure where she said "I do", she was up there just making bridal pictures.




this bride has her faithful dog with her on her special day


Someone here has turned "21"!!


and there is a celebration going on here as well:

Pretty red balloons!

Dinner and a Movie:
I put a nice roast, onions, carrots and "taters" into the crock pot early this morning. By suppertime, it was hot, bubbling, and delicious! Not Sunday yet, but it's one of my favorite "Sunday suppers".
tonight's movie:
IMDB
Tonight's movie (1996) starred Delta Burke and Swoosie Kurtz. I've loved Delta for a long time.
Hotstar
Amazon

Two sisters trying to bring justice for their baby sister, who was murdered in Texas back in 1955.
It was a good movie, I liked it.
Everybody have a safe and fun 4th of July!

5 comments:

  1. Debbi, It seems sad about the young couple who had major plans and ten had to call that off. I know a couple who married in April with just their parents and now plan on a big celebration later. It was nice to see the brides and grooms. Hope you have a good 4th. Blessings and stay safe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes everything is different now days. I see pictures of past 4th of July celebrations and I am almost in awe at how free we were. Hopefully we will get it back. Happy fourth to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This virus has affected so many! I love seeing the brides and all the beautiful settings you have there for photo shoots! Enjoy your weekend! Ours will be quiet...well, except for some bangs and booms in the distance. Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my son got married, june 5th. the big wedding was cancelled by the venue so it was just the 2 of them and the officiant. they got married in a park. it was what they both wanted, neither wanted a big wedding but her mother really wanted them to have a big wedding. they met on june 5th, got engaged on the 5th and that's why june 5th was so important!!

    i watched a good movie last night "peanut butter falcon" i think you would like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decided that I was not going anywhere or doing anything yesterday so I stayed home, messed around the house a bit and watched Christmas movies on Hallmark! I know, its crazy. I did have to go out and feed a friends cat so I stopped and picked up Whitt's BBQ and that was dinner. Yep, working venue a lot of brides and grooms have not been getting married. Some decided against the big weddings and went with elopements which really does not require any set up so Julie and James are able to do those on their own. With the cases of the virus on the rise again I just need to stay home. Hoping you had a great 4th.

    ReplyDelete