"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, June 12, 2020

a birthday ride in the country

On the second day of my birthday weekend I enjoyed a nice long drive out into the country!
the corn is getting tall!

Country scenes:


"and I keep my Christmas lights on my front porch all year long
and I know all the words to every Charlie Daniels song....."
 
 Redneck Woman sung by Gretchen Wilson



Wore my new skirt I got at the thrift store. I LOVE THIS print!




Country houses, country churches, country trucks. 
Mr. Front Porch had a surprise for me....he was taking me to the "Stone Kingdom"! LOL What is the Stone Kingdom?

THIS is the Stone Kingdom! I could not WAIT to get in there!

oh my gosh, it was A VERY HOT DAY! I stayed underneath my new umbrella! That helped. And there was NOWHERE I'd have rather been. I love all this stone statuary and things! I very happily could spend hours wandering around places like this

Pots and angels and Marys and animals and Saints





What should I pick What should I pick?



Sunny daisies peeking out of a fountain






so many fountains and statues to choose from..........


then I spotted this mermaid!..........



Yes, the mermaid nearly came home with us..........but I ended up choosing a pretty birdbath for the yard. And Mr. Front Porch chose his yard ornament as well........very happy with our anniversary presents!





beautiful country sky


Little white churches with tall steeples stretching to the sky are a frequent sight out in the country

So are these little "convenience" stores....... a few open, the rest abandoned long ago

ramshackle houses that were once somebody's safe and happy home


Wash day in the country



















Nancy's looks like a lively place!

So glad you came along on this drive out into the South Carolina country with us!

5 comments:

  1. Now there were some sight on that jaunt but hot and humid would have kept me in the car and not touring the stone place:) Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness your fun country drive is like going back into time. Love all the statues and birdbaths I would have a hard time picking out something as well. Looks like you found just the right thing! Happy Anniversary and you sport your new skirt very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait did I say Happy Anniversary? I meant to wish you a Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a delightful drive. I love the cement sculpture spot. And it's fun to see the territory in which you live. MOre happy wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I did enjoy this outing with you two SO very much!! Stone Kingdom! I love that and y'all chose wisely! Loved seeing your every photo! Are you using the new blogger yet? It seems to be so much harder to put the pics on. One by one. Very slow. And it takes three clicks to enlarge each and every one.
    I hope you always post lots of poctures as I love looking at what YOU see!

    ReplyDelete