"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Summer in the City

"the month of August had turned into a griddle where the days just lay there and sizzled."
     .........Sue Monk Kidd


Beautiful summer wreaths


.......and pots of flowers on steps.


Always remember to look up high.......many interesting things up there too!




Gates and gardens...........


.........and cute little green guys scampering on hot hot bricks!


Summer greenery


.......and bright blooms scattered about.


Sweltering pavement on city streets


..........and bright lights as the sun goes down.


I love the bright crepe myrtles all over our city!


An old coal chute?




"bloom where you are planted", right!?


Ladies in shade hats and summer frocks
.....going for a summer walk, and enjoying the sights.


Cute clothes in shop windows:



 This little family enjoys supper on the sidewalk.


(another "Gypsy sighting")

Ramshackle


..............and stately.


Corner groceries


..........and peanut stands!




Another summer thunderstorm moving in...




And the best way to cool down on an August day-----just follow the kids---
to the fountains!!
They'll show you how it's done! LOL
Wear your bathing suit, or just jump in fully clothed!! Either way works!

7 comments:

  1. So many interesting things to see in your city. And, oh my how my mouth waters at the thought of Cajun boiled peanuts. My dear husband introduced me to boiled peanuts, we both loved them.

    Keep cool and have a lovely Sunday ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a nice walk (as usual) with you on the ending days of summer.

    I




    I hip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbi, I love walking about your city. The flowers are still very pretty there. I love the sundresses and floppy hats.Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget to look up...great advice and what a unusual site was those brick things, have no clue what that might be. Love the fountain pictures:) You never hold out on us and show us as it is...good and bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing a bit of your world. I always look up, too, because I love to read the inscriptions, etc., on old buildings.
    What a fun walkabout-I enjoyed every bit of it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely buildings and I liked the girls in their summer dresses. Please tale care during this week with hurricane preparations/evacuations. I know you are an old hand at it, but I worry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a beautiful place (except for the ramshackle), it is amazing that the flowers stay so beautiful in the heat. the crepe myrtles are so pretty this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete