"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Happy Fall, Y'all!

Fall is officially here and although it's still hot here, there are touches of Autumn all round town for us to enjoy!









Wisteria seed pods

tried to find some "fall colors" to wear!
and I wore my gold leaf earrings for the first time. I had been saving them for Fall. My Mother gave me these last Fall. I treasure them even more now as we lost her just in January. I miss her so much. There is also a matching necklace, you can kind of see it in the picture of me standing by the flowers.


just a little bit of plumbago left blooming
Got out my Fall/winter pocketbooks! I love that part, changing out accessories, hats, pocketbooks, etc.---but I do hate putting away my straw summer  pocketbooks!

Big windowboxes blazing with Fall colors!


To us here in the Lowcountry, Fall also means Hurricane season:



Fall is a great time to enjoy some magazines on a cooler evening. I'm a new subscriber to Birds and Blooms, do any of y'all get this one? I love the pictures. Some good articles too.


I just finished this book, it was awesome, I loved it!
......and to help me read those books!...........----
Fall also brought eye exam time and I got new glasses. Can you tell the old ones from the new ones?! Lol That's because I truly loved my old frames and just wanted the same thing---but I did have to get new lenses. Because of warranty issues etc.--I couldn't get the new lenses put into the old frames. Luckily I was able to find frames almost identical to the old ones I liked so much, which made me happy. Look--I even got a "fancy brand"....ha ha ha LOL. Not because I'm into "brands" at all ( I could care less, ha ha)--these were just the ones that matched closely. LOL

What's Fall like in your neck of the woods?

7 comments:

  1. Debbi, It is a cooler day today. But dang if I have not gone out and worked up a sweat...I hate sweating. LOL. But the pond is clean. :) I loved all the wonderful flowers you have shown us today. I don't like seeing how many nasty hurricanes have been there. Yikes. Can't wait to see your pretty fall skirts. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are enjoying some rain and cooler weather:) Tickles me how you change your accessories with the seasons..that is something I never think about because for the most part just adding closed shoes and a sweater is enough here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It still feels very much like summer here!!!

    It's hard to believe Hurricane Hugo was thirty years ago now. I remember being a little kid waiting for my grandparents to come stay with us; they lived in Myrtle Beach at the time and were in the upstate. Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is still warm here in North Carolina. In the 90's today. I just can't seem to get into decorating when it's this warm. Your plants look so pretty! We have a place in Myrtle Beach where we fret those hurricanes. SO far we have dodged the bullets.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your earrings are lovely and I can imagine how precious they are to you.

    Fall is starting here also and I am looking forward to cool sweater weather. Like the flowers in Charleston, ours still are big and beautiful, but some are looking tired. I can’t wait to put in my autumn garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful leaves and colors and floral arrangements. It's still early fall here -- the trees won't change color till October but I'm starting to see signs -- flashes of red leaves, acorns on the ground, more fungi coming up, cooler nights and more decorating out and about. It's always a lovely season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we are having an indian summer...it is suppose to be 90 here today!! those floral window boxes are gorgeous!!

    still fall decorations are everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete