"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Spring in Charleston

I know it isn't "real spring" on the calendar quite yet.....but spring has sprung here in Charleston!



the water on the pond was sparkling!
.......and lots of people were out enjoying the pretty sunny day!







I loved photographing these beautiful pink blooms!....and lots of green in the trees.
City Scenes:














Here's my favorite street garden so far this spring:


Their flower beds in front of their home are beautiful too!











It had rained a day or two before:

All the rain has sure helped all the flowers!
What's everybody reading? I'm almost done with this one:
and this one as well:
It's a great book but probably not the best if you are greiving the loss of a dog or cat.....
Our sweet Gypsy has been gone one year now.

I miss you so much, my girl...
And there is a huge void in my life with the loss of my Mother. Everyone says the pain will be less as time goes on. All I know is I miss her terribly and I still want to pick up the phone and call her every day...

I've been away from the blog and today I decided to try to get back with it.  Mommy loved reading my blog....so I will try to get back to it....I've been reading most of you, but not commenting much, and some of you I will be around to catch up with today and see what y'all have been up to!
Hello to all my blogging sisters!!!
Many thanks to all of you who sent me such lovely texts, emails, comments, cards, hugs, gifts, and words of condolence and encouragement during this sad sad time. I appreciate every single prayer lifted up and loving thought sent our way. All the kindness meant alot.

4 comments:

  1. You've been in my thoughts and prayers and I am very glad to see your post tonight. I know it's a hard time but I hope you know we are here...and we care! I love the Spring flowers and always like to see what people wear! You look lovely, as always! Sweet hugs my friend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, I hope that you find a little bit of heart's ease through once again sharing photos of your beautiful city. Every one is different. I drop out when grieving while others find help in writing a post every day. We each have to find our own way, don't we? This was a very tender post, as tender as the early spring you've shown in your photos. I think this would be my favorite time to visit there, walking the streets without sweating.

    The picture of Gypsy in the snow brought back memories of our darling Otis and Milo playing in it only two years ago. Even though we adore our new dachshunds, we hurt so much for the loss of our boys. That's what love is though, isn't it?

    Love to you,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful spring photos and I love the people shots you got! People out enjoying the weather! But of course my favorite was the one of you! Which you made small so I zoomed in! There you are in that cute denim dress with your black leggings and boots! I love that you nearly always....and I can’t remember a pic when you haven’t......are wearing bling of some kind! And lipstick! Pretty as a picture!
    I hope your heart is healing a bit.....and that you have sweet memories to hold on to. In my Facebook, memories pop up every day and more days than not one of the memories is a photo of my Mother and me. You know, I never cried when she passed away. I think I had been grieving for a year before....
    Continued love and prayers, Sweet Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it's spring already in your town, Debbi - those flowers are gorgeous!! I am still grieving my dad, too - it's amazing how some days the grief is just overwhelming. Hugs to you, my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete