"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Valentines Day picnic

I woke up to beautiful bright flowers!

...........and this!! so delicious!

Surely didn't want to COOK on Valentines Day........
so we got Chinese food and had a picnic on the Battery! I enjoyed this so much more than being inside a crowded and noisy restaurant!

I just love the crisp crackly paper the egg rolls come in!--What is that stuff called, anyway? It's different from wax paper, I think

We sweet and sour chicken, and egg rolls! We tried a new place....and it WAS VERY VERY GOOD!
Enjoying a beautiful night by the water!
There goes a big boat!
Pulled out one of my velvet skirts. I LOVE LOVE LOVE VELVET. I have several black velvet skirts, a black velvet dress, a black velvet jumper, a multi color velvet skirt, and maybe more things!! ha ha LOL. I know we are "supposed to put our velvet away" after Valentines Day....(one of the old southern "rules" such as no wearing of white before Memorial Day and after Labor Day---unless you're a bride, or playing tennis)....but I often "cheat" ha ha and wear velvet longer. I found my emerald green sweater this winter at a thrift store...I love it, the color and also the "pearl" buttons.

.....not really "beads"....but my Gypsy heart, which you can't see in this picture, and a new sparkly green and blue pendant I got recently!
Anyone reading anything good? I just finished this one:

Loved this book! It's full of fun pictures! Love the old Prom pictures!

I loved watching American Bandstand!! I loved the dance contests.
Does anyone else remember buying 45's??! I used my allowance every week to buy all my favorite songs.

Then I started getting interested in the early years of flying, and the glamorous "stewardesses" that flew on Pan Am, T.W.A. etc.
Look at their classy uniforms and their hair-do's!! Hats and gloves!
I'm about half way through with "The Girls in Blue". It's pretty good, reads like a diary of her flights and adventures, including her training for the job.


I did read the first few chapters of "Hurricane Season"....I will get back to that one! Anyone read any of hers? 
Has anyone read Francine Rivers? This is my first by her.....

I just know I'm going to love this Sophia Grant one, I recently read her "Daisy Children" and loved it!
I hope everyone had a lovely Valentines day, and you have a real nice weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Weren't you clever to have dinner by the water:) Pretty flowers too. Francine Rivers is a good author, have read some of her books, don't know about the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember planning the day around American Bandstand...and practicing the dances! And yes, I bought the records on the day they came out. And sometimes we took our record player outside and played records...and danced! You've found some good books to read! I'm reading a series by Elizabeth Peters...you would love it! Mysteries but lots of good humor too. (need to be read in order!!!) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds like the perfect valentines day. we get chinese food and go down to the inlet and sit in the car and eat. it's kind of a tradition, it's where we went on our first day, so it holds special memories!!

    beautiful flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a reading machine! And it all looks good.

    I threw out those rules ages ago. I now wear what I want because life is short and we deserve to wear what we like! I loved your velvet skirt -- you look lovely in it -- and that you did your picnic. The only picnic we'd ever have on Valentine's Day here would be in the living room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to spend Valentines, dinner overlooking the water sounds pretty romantic to me! The flowers are so beautiful as are you!! You sure have some good reads there.
    Have a great week!!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete