"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, July 23, 2018

JULIAS HOUSE in the rain


This is where we spent our anniversary. Isn't this pretty!?

Nobody around but us............and "Albert". That's what we called him. LOL He wouldn't leave his post up there on the porch. He would shreik and holler everytime someone came into view. He is a great 'guard dog'. LOL








I could while away many hours here!









Where shall we go on this rain splashed day?

Truly the rain did not detract from the beauty of this place!

Glistening wet leaves
............So we went went hither and yon...........
walking lonely roads...
and exploring crooked paths in the gentle rain.

What's that way over there on the lawn??












once in awhile you'll come upon a bench, if you need to rest a bit








The Biblical Garden at Magnolia is full of plants, herbs, things that might've grown in Biblical times. Plus some pretty statues.

















The owls are starting their lonely calls. It's time to go in.

11 comments:

  1. Debbi, hank you again for the tour of this beautiful Plantation. I am so glad it's been saved. So much to see . I love the road into the area. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that is to say THANK YOU. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. it truly is beautiful, I can't even imagine what it would have been like all those years ago,, the Peacocks must sound so amazing as well, thank you for sharing this beautiful time you had, belated happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my what a beautiful place! So many of the pictures just pull me in wanting more like the tree with the hole, the open gate, the flowers with what looks like spiders in the middle, the road with so many paths and that huge porch. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green space and statuary is particularly beautiful. And peacocks, too! It looks like a wonderful way to spend your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place this is! And I think you were lucky to have the rain as it suited the gardens there. You appear to have it all to yourself except for your photographer, and happy anniversary to both of you! I love your dress! And you coordinate so beautifully with Albert!

    I love all the time worn statuary among the green. Green truly is my favorite garden color.

    And the white columns of the plantation building are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Such great pics....I truly appreciate the way you do these posts! They are the next best thing to being there! Happy Anniversary! Y’all choose such a lovely place to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've seen Boone Hall --and another one (south of Charleston) --but not Magnolia... I got excited when I thought you are spending the night there... I thought that I'd love to do that sometime. BUT--when I checked their website, I realized that you cannot spend the night there. Darn!!!!

    Looks like you had a marvelous time though. Thanks for the tour. Sorry about the rain though --but I'll bet that kept it from getting so hot!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary to you and hubby Debbi! What a beautiful place to celebrate! The gardens and statues are out of this world!! Gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy anniversary, this looks like the perfect spot to celebrate such a special day!!!

    one nice thing about the rain, everyone stays indoors and things are quiet when you are out and about. funny about the peacock, is that common in this area?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness! What a lot of pictures to celebrate your trip! That is just a gorgeous place and it looks like uyo had a wonderful time. Beautiful!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete