"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, July 9, 2018

Raindrops and Puddles

It was a rainy day in Charleston. 
And that suited me just fine. I love to walk in the rain!

The rain has let up and people are venturing out now:




Flowers rinsed and refreshed:


and leaves sparkling with beads of rain.


Big puddles all over......look there's one now!


So that is what I did!




I haven't done this in a long time!--I think it did me good! LOL



Right around the corner is a Pretty blue flower pot

I like the big blue and red roses on it! It's a swirly, twirly, lightweight skirt, the kind I love. In the old days they called this material "whipped cream", anyone remember that? wonder if they still call it that? Similar to chiffon I guess, but heavier.




What are these vibrant pink blooms---anyone know? They remind me of clover.....


a few 4th of July decorations still out to enjoy:
Way down the lane there is a little gray kitty. Mr Front Porch says I am a "cat magnet". They come out of nowhere to see me. LOL 
Here it comes to see me! Bouncy, pouncy, meowing all the way.

It throws it's self down to do that rolling, purring, booing, tumbling thing that kitties do when they want attention.......

Then it's to me, and it asks me to pet it. So I do.
Sweet little kitty with tiny white boots for feet. Wouldn't "Bootsie" be a good name?

Look at those pretty green eyes!

Glad you came walking in the raindrops with us today and hope y'all had a real nice weekend! Did you get rain?

6 comments:

  1. I love a summer rain also as long as it is not accompanied by fierce winds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in the desert rain is seldom so loved going on your walk with you:) Everything looks so clean and love your boots. Those purple flowers are unusual, don't think I have ever seem them before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walking --and singing--in the rain. One of my favorite things to do is to take pictures of roses with raindrops on them.... SO much FUN.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing plants and flowers...and grass after a rain! We got a shower overnight which is a good time for it to rain! lol Love your beads in the rain and those umbrellas in the window. You've got me looking up at windows all the time now. Thanks for writing to me about your concerns about my 'adventures'...what a sweet friend you are! I'll be careful...I promise! Sweet hugs and lots of them, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love when it rains, especially in the middle of the day. when the house gets dark, and you can stay home and bake brownies!! we had a good storm on friday, torrential rains...all day. pretty flowers!!

    i LOVE those colorful umbrella's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that kitty -- he could come home with me! And those colorful umbrellas. Like your rain boots, too! I should get some!

    ReplyDelete