"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, January 5, 2018

Merry New Year


Began our evening  here...........







the train displays are so fun!
They decorate so beautifully here!

shiny sleek floors and beautiful red flowers!







young ones get tucked in.....grown ups get ready to see the new year in!




















St. Michaels





I went home and got my shawl, my big leather gloves, and my (faux) fur scarf!!


I lost my New Year's Day pictures! But we had ham, cornbread, fried potatoes, and blackeyed peas!
I found one pic of the blackeyed peas:





We never see this here.....so the pretty icicles were exciting!



Alllllllllllllll day........big pretty flakes. I don't think we've seen snow in about ten years!

Just about our whole city shut down. Schools, bridges, banks, restaurants, stores, the post offices.


I'm very thankful we didn't lose power. We were without email, internet, netflix for about 24 hours. And no hot water today. It's all been restored now, thankfully.It wasn't too bad, I can't complain--as those things aren't necessities. It looks very bad way up North---as cold as this feels TO US---it's way way colder up there. I cannot even imagine it dipping down to zero....or BELOW ZERO.



I hope everyone had a lovely new year's eve and day and I wish y'all a safe, healthy, and happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. that looks like the perfect p;ace to ring in the new year. it is so beautiful and you are not looking too shabby either!!!

    ReplyDelete