"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, December 25, 2023

Christmas Week

We're having a Country Christmas here 


happy Christmas from Bindie and Tammie


Its been a great couple of weeks here. Our church had it's annual Christmas Banquet. Just look at all these yummy salads!

I was so busy eating and visiting and having a good time, I hardly made any pictures, but I did make this picture of my necklace and pin I wore, and I found this napkin in my pocketbook! LOL

It was prime rib, baked "taters", rolls, and salads. And a big dessert table, of course, LOL.

Later that week, there was the Sunday School Christmas supper. I didn't make pictures, except I wore this red blouse. LOL

Got out my Christmas tree ring, it's so old, but keeps on holding up! LOL:
Making some of our Christmas card pictures:
It was SO HOT that day, and we were burning up!

Tracie and Amybelle finally got into their Christmas dresses!
And after all that hard work posing, they had a tea party! LOL



Enjoying all the Christmasy December magazines:




so many pretty pictures!


Country Living magazine

Country Living magazine

Country Living magazine


Country Living magazine


Having fun wrapping up some of Fairy Granddaughter's presents:

A scrapbook and lots of fun stickers


this is not a good picture, but it's the old German painting of the children crossing rough waters on a ramshackle bridge, and the big angel guarding them along. It's my favorite painting of all time, and I think she likes it too:

The Christmas dress for her American Girl doll, which I buy for her every year. Even when she doesn't "play" with dolls anymore, it's fun to dress them up in seasonal/holiday outfits and display on her dresser.

Mermaid canvases:


Yesterday I made up a batch of homemade butter for friends at church, so I could hand it out after services this morning after Christmas Eve church.





Headed to church, Christmas Eve



Mr. Front Porch's Christmas tie! LOL

It was a beautiful, slightly chilly, clear night. I think the Cold Moon will be the day after Christmas. It's almost full, but not quite.

It was a pretty night for our Candlelight Christmas Eve service.

I love singing all the old hymns and CAROLS, like Away in the Manger, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Silent Night, and Joy to the World.

I hope your weeks leading up to Christmas have been warm, safe, cozy, and happy.
Happy happy Christmas, friends!

This was a fun album my Mom played for me years and years ago, when I was little. It was kind of like the old Chipmunks songs, only it was CRICKETS. HA HA LOL



5 comments:

  1. I love seeing your Christmas happenings! Loved seeing YOU!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a nice church banquet. I love the christmas ring. My husband has that same tie. Love it. Wishing you a healthy and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this earlier in the week. I am sorry. I loved hearing about your Christmas week and seeing all the beautiful pictures of your jewelry and food and YOU, and the gifts for Fairygranddaughter and Amybelle and Tracy, and so much love and fun! You are amazing! I hope you had a wonderful time with your granddaughter when she came. I hope to hear more about it. Happy New Year to you and Mr. Front Porch and family and doggies and friends!! love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a very low key Christmas. Just Amber, the two boys and me. Nice meal. I did not find the mood, the spirit, this yr. With being sick, recovery, move prep and move, I just was to busy. I know, its crazy. But I bought a new tree the after Christmas for next yr. So excited about it. Due to limited space I have gone with either narrow or shot trees for years but this is a bigger one and it is 7 foot. YAY....Looks like a great banquet. WIth the lack of mood, I was not even clicking pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a beautiful and meaningful Christmas. Debbi. Happy New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete