"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Storms and Palm Sunday

 


Hope everybody is having a lovely April, we sure are!

The past week here in Charleston has been BLUSTERY! Lots of rain showers, thunderstorms, raindrops, puddles, and wind! Storms blew through in the daytime, the evenings, and some in the middle of the night, with loud thunder.




The wind out in the harbor was kicking up waves and whitecaps, which we don't normally see too much of except for hurricane season and end of summer storms.



the water was kicking right up over the seawall, I was a bit back and still got showered! LOL

still........folks were out and about.


Palm Sunday was much nicer weather!







Lots of pretty blooms to see!









on an evening last week the lions had flower crowns on! LOL





beautiful big old elegant tree! It's big limbs twist and twine in front of this lovely old Queen Anne inn on the corner. The spring green leaves are coming out on the tree, such a pretty color.


one beautiful bloom!

Love to see the Rutledge House all decked out in the splashes of yellow this time of year!


Beautiful yellow LadyBanks roses trailing up and down








Beautiful big horses out enjoying the warm Springtime streets of Charleston!



Is anybody reading anything good this April? I got this old book by Belva Plain and loved it!

set in the Civil War era

Here's a little bit about what it's about:


it was a great book and now I remember why I read all those old Belva Plain novels back in the 80s!

So when I finished it up, I started up this one:

I am reading this one and enjoying it SO MUCH! I love family legacy stories set in different eras.




So glad you stopped by to see me today, and hope you enjoyed some Spring sights here in Charleston!

6 comments:

  1. You look so elegant in your black dress and hat and dainty white gloves! A true lady!! I love the pictures you've shared...and wow! You did have some rough seas and weather! We did too, but no "seas" near us...just our pond, and the lakes were quite rough. So much wind. Anyway, I am not familiar with Belva Plain. I may have to check some out and see if I like them. I haven't been reading much lately, but I need to get back into it. Thank you for this lovely post. It's always wonderful to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in that outfit and especially the hat. Pretty pictures but the metal trim on the Rutledge House is just amazing! and that white horse is just beautiful. So many wonderful things to see but don't care for the storms and rain, guess you have to take the good with the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so sweetly sophisticated in your Palm Sunday frock, white gloves, and pearls! And I do love the lacy ironwork on the Rutledge House. I imagine you don't see that kind of work much anymore. I remember reading Belva Plain in years gone by. I'm reading Crescent Carnival by Frances Parkinson Keyes now, probably the fourth or fifth time I've read all her novels over the decades. The silhouette of that amazing elephant tree against the white Queen Anne is spectacular! A blessed Easter week to you, Debbi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First let me say Debbi, your black outfit with the pearls is GORGEOUS!!!!! Pure class. You just can't beat blanc noir! I love it. And OH how I love climbing Lady Banks roses! They are just so happy and effortlessly springtime pretty! The hydrangeas are gorgeous too. Yes we've had some stormy weather ... April Showers! We should have some lovely May flowers. Happy Easter to you my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah.....You are BEAUTIFUL in your black dress and white gloves! I'm thinking of wearing black and white on Easter, And I am thinking about YOU as I plan our Easter menu! Tater salad!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's sure never dull when I take a walk with you - what sights! Now look at you! You look like you just stepped out of a movie! I love your outfit. Happy Easter to you my friend and I want to thank you for always supporting me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete