"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, January 10, 2022

new year

 Howdy and Happy happy New Year!










we blew horns and made some noise! LOL

a peek inside St. Michael's....they must be having a New Years watch service





fireworks booming in the sky and in the street!






a beautiful painting in a window



hurricane waves


lots of sparkly dresses seen!




pretty swing chair

all the tables were full at this restaurant.....and lots of people out and about, enjoying this warm winter night! NO coats needed.







Headed out for a New Years day walk....first a stop in the garden:
we have a zinnia!....and lots of marigolds


......and pink cyclamen......I'm picking a small bouquet









the last "mater"! But still.....lots and lots of the good peppers! I love them when they turn red!


my favorite Christmas ring!--not ready to put it away yet! LOL


Love this beautiful store window display! The ferris wheel goes  round and round, so fun!





so cute..........I wanted to put Tansy in one of the little chairs! she would've fit perfectly!








Arm candy today!! LOL---green beads, gold/clear sparkly beads, blue beads, and my blue "downton abbey" bracelet I got for Valentines day last February from Mr. Front Porch

Beads today---multi color plus a pearl necklace




















"howdy, y'all!!"



Loved seeing this wall of gorgeous plates! So many pretty ones! Do your have a favorite?











nice entrance to an upstairs apartment


well, if you need fun and bright socks......this IS THE PLACE! lol

Now............got the table all set and pretty for New Years Day supper:
NOPE!!---just joking.........that IS NOT our table! LOL We are not that FANCY. LOL



One of my most favorite New Years day traditions......that good white ice cold SHRIMP! I love it

.........and black eye peas, sausage, and good hot cornbread! yum


I saved the fun butter from Christmas!! These are so dang cute! they are super fun to toss into a big pot of hot mashed "taters"! LOL
almost like one of my little Christmas trees:


May you have a happy safe and healthy new year!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun and happy New Year's post! You have so many beautiful places to visit and enjoy in your city. I love seeing all the city lights and shop windows and so much to see!! I'm afraid you'd be quite bored here...there's not much to see after dark. But then again, we never go out after dark, so I really don't know! LOL. So glad you came to visit over on mine and Lily's posts too...We've missed you and have been hoping you were doing okay!! Happy New Year my friend!! Love ya...Pam and Lily Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so nice to see fireworks on new years, no one here lit them off!!

    the flowers are so pretty...ours are long gone!!

    i remember learning about black eyed pea's here in a previous new years post!! i LOVE the butter, i have never seen them in the stores around here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i forgot to say happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I love that painting in the window!!! Hard to believe how warm it is there when we are at below zero temps....sigh..Lucky you to have flowers in January.
    Hope you have a wonderful week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen Fun Butter before! Loved how you were all dressed up for New Year's Eve. And the fireworks! In town! WE can't do that here. WE have fireworks at the ranch but it's been too cold to set them off. We keep some on hand for when we have company. We can set them off anytime down here but you can only buy them at the 4th of July, New Year's and Texas Independance Day.
    WE ate some of our homegrown black eyed peas......HE loved them but I didn't like them much. I guess I didn't season them well.....
    Happy New Year to you, Girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cute clothes and pretty jewelry! You lead a more exciting life than I do! lol Love the store windows too! Happy new year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Debbi!! Looks like you had a fun New Years. We just were kinda quiet and sick around here. Thank you so much for checking in on me and we are doing a lot better!
    You are a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete