"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, October 21, 2019

Signs of Fall



Looking for Fall...........






I love the red doors on this house, and they ALWAYS decorate so nicely, for all the seasons and all the holidays and all the occasions! Fun!

BEADS today.....big chunky pearls, and my leaf necklace as well




Another pretty porch
My Mom gave me this gold leaf necklace many years ago, like 20 years ago. She bought it for me somewhere out West, on a cross country journey my Dad and her took. She had an identical one and we had a little tradition. Every time September rolled around I would call her and say "do you have your leaf necklace ready?---it's time to wear them again!" And so we would, year after year. 
The years rolled by so quickly and every time we would get together, we would make pictures of us in our matching necklaces. 
I lost my Mom in January, so when THIS Fall rolled around, I knew it was going to be hard to get out my gold leaf and not be able to call her and see if she was wearing hers.
But I knew she would WANT ME TO. She would say "Don't be SILLY, of course go put on your leaf!!"
So I did.

This is the last one ever, the last picture of us in our leaves. We would go shopping later that same day, we had such fun, going in and out of all the stores, laughing, making pictures, drinking vanilla milkshakes, and carrying on. That day she bought me the longer gold necklace, the double strand one with the cut out leaves. 
It never feels like "really Fall" until I'm wearing my necklace, once it's on, I know Fall has arrived.

6 comments:

  1. Sending Hugs to you Debbi. Your mom would want you to wear your necklace and think of her with love, just as you have done here. I still miss my mom. When she first passed ,many times I'd have my hand on the phone to call her..just seconds, but still . Bless your heart, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, what a lovely story of you, your mom and the leaf necklaces. It made me think of my mom also and the things and times that we shared. They always remain a part of us and will always in our hearts and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your necklace. Never alone. I still miss my mom, too. And it's been over 40 years but I feel close when I wear her jewelry.

    If you were looking for fall, I think you found it! Oh, I do love the color of the pumpkins and wreaths. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall colors everywhere and the necklaces are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the history of your leaf nacklace. I wonder if your mom bought them in Colorado. That’s where I got mine and it looks identical to yours! I’m going to add wearing mine to my list of September First rituals. You and I can carry on your tradition together. Both of us lost our mothers in January......
    My favorite pic of today - not counting the most precious one of you and your mom - is you in your pretty black and white top with your pretty necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet story about your necklace and your mom, it looks so beautiful!! you are such a happy person, you need to smile bigger!!

    pretty autumn decorations...i always envision my porch looking prettier than it does!!

    ReplyDelete