"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Summer Reads

It's Summertime! What's on your reading list?


Summer before last, I spent many a summer night reading about the Kennedys. It was so interesting! so I picked these two books up in the thrift shop.
I had never read this author before, when I picked up Belle St. Marie at a thrift shop. I loved it, so I went searching for more by Kay, and found this one, Glimpse of Splendor, which I finished last week.

Dot Franks' newest didn't dissapoint, it was great!

I haven't read either of these authors, have you?

This movie came out on Netflix back in the winter, starring Jennifer Aniston as a former beauty queen. I loved it since it featured music by Dolly Parton! Now I will read the book.

Both of these books look great, both set in times past, Light over London looks like World War 2 London, and the White Kimono one is set in 1950s Japan and the present day.

 I also picked up Somerset and Still Waters. I think Somerset is probably a romance--  set in the early 1800s in South Carolina. Still Waters is a memoir.
Who are your favorite authors?
Where do you like to read? Do you read snuggled in bed late at night or at a sunlit table in the mornings? Do you like to read on vacation? Do you read on the beach or in a porch swing? Can  you read in a moving car?--it makes some people car sick.
Do you take books on trips? Are you in a book club?

13 comments:

  1. I have read two of the books you mentioned, The
    Lighthouse keepers daughter and The woman in the white kimono, I read anywhere and everywhere, except in the car, I cannot for the life of me do that. I always have a book with me, I reread books, they become like friends that I turn too, each for different reasons, As my vision loss progresses I use audio books more but I have kept my favourites, I have many favourite authors, too many to mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read Queen Bee.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one of these that I've read is the The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter...and I gave it the HIGHEST rating! It's wonderful! I want to find some of the others you mentioned. I can go on the website of my library and look and look and then check out ebooks to read. It's a great way to read some and find out if it's worth reading and then just return the book if it's not. I still like buying books in the library lobby though. We read in the evenings before we go to bed. Very relaxing and calming. I love mysteries best! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of the Kennedy’s, I just heard that the video of John Kennedy, Jr’s wedding is going to be shown on TLC. It was taken by his friend and never seen by the public before. I am not sure I want to see it as it will be very sad to see what was lost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use to read more than I do now but the computer has taken my attention these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've jotted down 5 of these for library run! I can't resist a Kennedy book. Your glass of iced tea looks so refreshing! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not in a book club but I read all the time. I have read "The Lightkeeper's Daughter" which I enjoyed very much. I don't stick with one genre but enjoy books of all kinds. It's fun seeing what others read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing what you are reading!! Right now I am finishing Ann of the Prairie - A Family History by Kenneth Sollitt and Lucy Bullard. Also reading a Debbie Macomber book - Morning Comes Softly. And then there's my Beekeeping for Dummies! Reading that to get up to speed since honey harvesting is coming soon! Finally there's Where You Belong by Barbara Taylor Bradford. I read every day.....and can't imagine life without books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lot of good ones here! Yes, I take books on trips (usually something I don't mind leaving behind if I finish) and belong to a book club. Unfortunately, I haven't been for a bit and probably will miss summer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i find it interesting to see what you are reading. i don't read because i am unable to remember from one page to the next, what i have read :(

    but i love to knit and that is what i take with me on trips to occupy me and my restless hands!!! i am able to knit in the car and read a pattern without getting car sick!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admire you for taking the time to read! I love to read but lately it seems I don't have the time to just sit and enjoy a book so I've taken to audio books where I can listen and continue to go and do. Is that cheating? Thank you for your concern, I Have been MIA but not on purpose. I have so much to post. Our grandkids were with us for two weeks, then it was Fathers Day Weekend and one of our sons came. After he left we went horse camping. I'm still trying to catch up but you have motivated me to get after it. I need to sit and get my pictures down loaded so I can start posting. Thank you again, I have missed you and all my blogging friends.
    XOXO
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome article..
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete