"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Let's shop at the Gift Shop!

We enjoyed the gift shop at Middleton Place plantation
Here are some of the "pretties":

There were pretty tulip bouquets all over, I noticed them immediately. The tulips usually bloom around here in February or so and that is long past...so I took a closer look because they looked so life-like. They were very pretty silk versions.
Such pretty cards!!


Scented potpourri

beautiful silky scarves!

Here's mine!



Sweet little dollies getting ready for their lunch! No "tea party" for them today....they said they were HUNGRY! HA HA

Pretty PURPLE tea set! Debbie and Diane, I thought of both of you when I saw this! Anyone else love purple??

old fashioned pen and ink sets
Can you even imagine how our ancestors WROTE with these quills? Can you imagine how LONG it would take to write a letter?---the patience and determination that would be involved.

I wish the lighting had been better to really show how pretty these umbrellas were....they had so many prints!!--animals, butterflies, rainbows, flowers etc.


Pretty things on glass shelves

Cute little pins, pineapples and flowers and other things:

a big pretty colorful map of Charleston!





This piece was just gorgeous.....another lady and I both stood there admiring it


Anyone who knows me........knows this is where you'll always find me.......wherever the books are!
Here I am with my pretty fan to add to my collection
I started collecting fans about a year or so ago




.......and if there are books.......you need a pretty bookmark! Right?


and here I am yesterday, taking a walk and trying to show y'all  my scarf!! (without looking TOO crazy!! ha ha LOL)
There's hardly ever any traffic on this street, so you'll often catch us walking right down the middle of the street! LOL
Thank you for coming to visit, and hope everyone is having a great week!

6 comments:

  1. We get tulips in April. Their time here is short but always looked forward to in early spring. Silk ones can be lovely also and they last a lifetime..

    I love your beautiful scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that scarf is BEE-you-TEE-fool!!!! You wear it well!!
    Such pretty things! This was the next best thing to standing beside you in the gift shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fan and the scarf is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tulips, one of my favorite spring flowers. they can be tricky, those look real. i saw those cards recently in a gift shop here, they were so beautiful. 10 dollars each, expensive but worth every penny, it's just that no one here sends cards or appreciates them. those needed to be framed!!

    your scarf is so pretty...and as always you look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a terrific gift shop -- really appropriate for the venue, too, with a mix of lovely things and some less expensive but related in some way to the area. I would have bought the Edna Lewis gift cards. They are re-releasing one of her cookbooks this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun gift shop! Wow- they have a bit of everything, don't they?! Those tulips really do look real. Love your scarf and hey! Who said there is anything wrong with looking a bit crazy?! lol Have a good night- xoDiana

    ReplyDelete