"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Allan Park

A spring outing to one of Charleston's little "pocket parks". Always fun. I love to hear the splashing of the water--so relaxing.



We love to see the fountains, no two are alike. And we love to toss pennies in and make wishes!
This is one of the smallest parks in our city, and back in the 1920s the fountain fell into bad disrepair and was full of nasty stagnant water. They finally filled it in with dirt. Later on,  the fountain was replaced in 2000, but it quit working. The city fixed it in 2004 and it now runs just fine and adds so much to this little park!




Pretty Blue Eyes here kept watch:

one of the benches:

Little granddaughter loves to explore these places with Ma-Maw and Pa-Paw! She enjoyed herself...............
.................as did Tansy!!


(could've been her Ma-Maw? ha ha)

What are the parks like where you live?

5 comments:

  1. we have some amazing parks in this area of new jersey. i love a park that has fountains, i find the sound of water in a garden to be so soothing!! i always toss a coin in and make the same wish - it hasn't come true yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love intimate feel of those small gardens, Debbi. We don't have small parks anywhere here. They are all large ones-many that you drive through and then park to see part of it. The only exceptions are the parks that are created just for kids' playgrounds.

    Love the little 'twirler'...lol. yeah...wonder WHERE she learned that from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi, Oh the twirling scarves...the gypsy spirit is living on thru your g.daughter. So sweet. I knew she learn that from you. LOL. You are never at a loss of fun places to visit and enjoy in your beautiful city. Pretty kitty cat. Blessings , xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun place to take the 'little ones'! And it's been beautiful weather to get outside. We don't go to many of the city parks...not sure what is here and there! I should check them out! Enjoy your day my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I lived in the city I used to love to escape to the botanical gardens in spring - what a peaceful place, you would not even know you were in the middle of the city! It was my 'happy place' when I was craving the country life.

    ReplyDelete