"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Old days



Old days
Good times I remember
Fun days
Filled with simple pleasure

Drive-in movies
Comic books and blue jeans
Howdy Doody
Baseball cards and birthdays

Take me back
To the world gone away
Memories
Seem like yesterday

Oh, old days
Good times I remember
Gold days
Days I'll always treasure

Funny faces
Full of love and laughter
Funny places
Summer nights and streetcars

Take me back
To the world gone away
Our good memories
Seem like yesterday
Old days

...........Chicago, 1975
to hear this great song again, click here:

Old Days song

some of the comments:

1.We didn't know how good the old days were until they were gone forever. That's why this song appeals to me so much. Not just the beat and fabulous musicians but the message. This song and Hot Fun in The Summertime remind me of those days. I was a teen in the 60s and those days were priceless.


2.I think the Title of this song says it all ...little did I think back then (1975) that those songs would be so appreciated years later.In a world where music is No More.


3.Its crazy...this was my favorite year for music 1975! this is my favorite Chicago song! There was "Lady Blue," Leon Russel, "Midnight Blue," Melissa Manchester, "Philadelphia Freedom," Elton John Band, "Love to Love You Baby," Donna Summer, "Listen to What the Man Said," Wings, "My Little Town," Paul Simon, " Fame," David Bowie, "Nights On Broadway,"Bee Gees, "This Will Be," Natalie Cole, "Lovin' You," Minnie Riperton, "At 17,"Janis Ian, "Black Water,"Doobie Bros., and for all the {"Disco Suck People}," My Favorite Disco Tune..."The Hustle," Van McCoy, "Why Cant We Be Friends," War, "Jackie Blue," Ozark Mountain Daredevils, "Fire," Ohio Players, "Magic," Pilot,"Sister Golden Hair," America, "Could It be Magic," BArry Manilow, "Wildfire," Michael Martin Murphy, "I'm Not Lisa," Jessi Colter, "I'm Not In Love," 10cc....may I say more......And the Best Song Goes to "Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga~....."Please, Mr. Postman," the Carpenters, "Fallin In' Love," Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds "Feelings," Morris Albert (its OK0, "Chevy Van," Sammy Johns, "When Will i Be Loved?," Linda Ronsdat, "Your My First, my last, my Everything," Barry White, "Walkin' In Rythym," Blackbyrds,"Poetry Man," Pheobe Snow, "Thats The Way of the World," Earth, Wind & Fire,"Only Women Bleed," Alice Cooper, "You Are So Beautiful," Joe Cocker, "Get Down Tonight," KC & The Sunshine Band, "Dance With Me," Orleans, "Killer Queen," Queen,.....I REST MY CASE!!!! music today just does not do it FOR ME!!....////I am Blessed....I Know what Good Music Is....P.S....Micheal JAckson not on the list, But I missHIm So !!!!...Chester Escoto, this is My Opinion!!!

4.I grew in the 50s and 60s .Old days is the perfect song for that time period.


5.Beautiful nostalgic song and a very nice one to hear now I am 70 years old. Many of the places I knew when Young have changed beyond recognition and exist as they were in my imagination only.  Whenever I tell my Grandsons or Grandaughters about how parks, streets etc were when I was Young they look at me quizzically wondering what I am talking about.


6.It's funny this song is in reference to their childhood in the 1950's and well, to me......the song itself brings back memories of the 1970's for me when it was on the charts when I was a child, and yeah.....for simpler times that (the 1970's) are now indeed becoming the "old days"

7.It's kinda ironic when you think of it: the writer of this song probably wrote it back in the 1970s as a tribute to the fond memories of growing up in the 1950s and how much better things were back then, now roughly 40 years later we listen to it and reminisce and remind ourselves how much better things were in 1975 than they are now. It's funny how "progress" works. 

8.The first time I heard this song, way back when, I knew there would come a time that it would make me cry. 40 years later...I miss my aunts and uncles, and my dad


9.---We didn't know it but we were really living through a taste of heaven on earth in the 70's.


5 comments:

  1. Oh so true!! I was a child in the 70s and we actually knew how to entertain ourselves unlike kids today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly were different and better (I think) times. I love the song and your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the time of year for nostalgia! Thank you for the song. I must live under a rock because this is the first time I've ever heard it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww, everyone is so hard on "today", but each "today" has it's pros and cons. i can't say that the good ole' days were better, i wasn't here. it seems they were better but today, i can keep in touch with my nieces in alaska and new zealand, because of the internet and Facebook. in the good ole' days, they would have left and i would not really hear much from them, maybe a few letters. now we can "chat" on Facebook and it doesn't cost a penny!! i don't know this song!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do indeed miss some of the old days -- some better. But today isn't all bad either. As one of your commenters mentioned, we can now connect all over the world for free, basically. But we had better music " back then!"

    ReplyDelete