"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, September 17, 2026

Summer reads

 It's just about officially Fall! finishing up my summertime reads

Summer Reads:






Below, Tomorrow is for the Brave:


Finished this one above ...it was really good. I also read another Kelly Bowen, pictured farther down.

LOVED this book, (above) it was really good! I don't really pick up mystery books, but this one surprised me and it was a really good story. Kept me guessing.


just finished this one, (above) slow start but it built up  (I almost put it down) momentum and got me hooked half way through. It was a good book. Lots of history and brave young women.

started this one, but it almost immediately was about ghosts, and I don't care for that, so I put it down

This one was good. Alot of interesting and sad history

haven't got to this one above yet.......it will transfer to my FALL reading list, LOL!!

the book below, the Garden of Lost Secrets, was really good. I loved it!

Sometimes, I find books that look interesting in here:
woman's world magazine

woman's world magazine

woman's world magazine

woman's world magazine



I pick up children's books all the time. Alot of them are fun to look through with big beautiful pictures and I always keep  large STACK  of books available for young ones who might visit.

This one was Charleston history, so of course that caught my eye!

and it had such big beautiful pictures!

the story is told from the point of view of the cat, Jack.



Plus it was autographed.


Read this book in the middle of the long hot summer and I loved it, it was a great story! I will definietly be looking for more from this author.

I see a couple in this Summer Reading special that sound interesting and I will be getting.
oooops, after checking----a few of these are not even released until 2027!

Womans World

Womans World

Womans World

Womans World

If you are a book reader-----Did you read any good books this summer? I tend to gravitate to books set in my favorite era, the 1940s and WW2.

our yellow roses are in full bloom once more. This is a new rosebush I got this summer.

and the pink ones bloomed a couple of weeks ago
and I've been busy still processing and freezing peppers! One of our best years yet for peppers, so big and glossy.....and so FRAGRANT. Our poor "maters"didn't do as well this year. Our onions did really good.


Fall is almost here!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debbi! I'm so glad to see a post from you! I've been missing you and thinking I needed to write to you, then I saw your message on my older post. Blogger has been messed up lately and wasn't updating the feed of new posts, so that's why you weren't seeing more recent posts. I think they've finally fixed it. You certainly have done a lot of reading! Wow! I need to check out some of those books and see if they have them in our library. I've read the Rose Arbor by Rhys Bowen. I like her books a lot. I hope you are doing well. I am getting over some "issues" and am on antibiotics right now, but am starting to feel much better. That's why I've been kind of behind in everything. Take care and God bless you muchly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really admire your love for reading. it great you share your notes and reviews, it helps readers to find books they may enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooooh and those roses, i forgot about them, sometimes i think i am loosing my mind. i LOVE yellow roses, they are my favorite color rose!!

      Delete