"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

July is here and it's hot, y'all!

 Hello, July!

John Sloane 



John Sloane calendar

Summer has surely arrived!

I'm taking a walk in the rain today, hope you'll come along!






I love seeing the raindrops holding onto leaves


The rain is coming down and washing everything clean. It sure feels good after the heat we're having. But it doesn't last long, it just makes it more muggy and humid. Whew....

There are hungry chickens to feed!

Now that they are fed, we can walk around some more and see what's going on in the gardens today.



The "maters" are sure enjoying the summer rain, and so are the peppers.
I wanted to show y'all the watermelons, our first!
They're growing fast, since the last picture I showed y'all.

four o'clocks dripping in the rain


and the sundial is wet and shiny with rain

My Old Maids are blooming!







and this sunflower will be blooming out real soon too.


This picture is real blurry, but it shows the pretty colors of my four o'clocks:

Sunday the rain was all gone, and the day dawned BRIGHT AND SUNNY AND HOT.

It was our 4th of July banquet at church after church, so I am decked out in my red, white, and blue! LOL
Hair UP.....IT'S HOT! LOL




We had fried chicken and SO MANY side dishes: beans and corn and "tater" salads, homemade breads, fried taters, macaroni and cheese and lots of others. Nothing like a good church supper and the great cooks always bring their best dishes!

Here's the dessert table:









Mr. Front Porch had a real nice Father's Day. I made him lasagna and garlic bread and a banana cake with cream cheese icing.
I got him a scarecrow for a present:
LoL!! It's a square plate but I thought it would look good in the garden.

We've been busy shelling peas!


And  had some okra and some real good roastnears.





It's summertime, and everything tastes so good! Hope your July has started off great!

2 comments:

  1. I am so amazed at your garden and all the wonderful produce! God has surely blessed you with an abundance of wonderfulness!!! I am SO happy for you, as I know how much you love your country livin'. I would sure love to come visit someday. And your church supper sounds and looks SO good! Our church had a pot luck dinner this past Sunday, and we had to miss it due to illness. Sadly, I think a lot of others had to miss it as well for the same reason. There's a lot of "bugs" flying around right now! I love the picture of you in your beautiful 4th of July outfit, and also love seeing Callie working her way around your ankles! She is so beautiful! Did she ever have kittens or was that a false alarm? I would love to see her kittens if she ever did. Thank you for sharing all the beauties of your lovely farm life with us. I am SO proud of you, and also Tracie looks like she's loving it there too!!! Lily Grace sends her love. Happy 4th of July, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh that dessert table! We have our church supper tomorrow night and I'm so excited. I may make a banana pudding! I haven't made one in so long. Your patriotic outfit was so cute! I'll be decked out in RWB too! Your watermelons are stupendous! I can't wait to hear that they taste sweet and just right! All of your produce is beautiful. Happy Fourth of July! xoxo

    ReplyDelete