"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

this February week

 Not the best pictures.....but the bright yellow splashes of Carolina Jessamine are in full bloom, finally! I've been eagerly awaiting them and hoping to make pictures because they only seem to last a couple of weeks and then that's it.

I think spring is finally here!


and the trees are budding!

this tangerine tree is looking happy!

and we saw the spring's first daffodills 2 days ago.

We are so ready to get our gardens in again!

Valentines day was lovely.


There were cards and candies...........


and presents....

and a pair of sparkly green "emerald" earrings for me, and two new shirts, one a blue flannel shirt, so soft and warm. Cant wait to wear it!
 I also got a few new books I wanted:


I've never read Jenny Hale, but it looks good

Mr. Front Porch grilled us salmon on the grill, on cedar plank. And we had baked "taters". And steaks.
I made "magic cookie bars" for dessert. Remember that old recipe from  the 1970s? We STILL LOVE THEM!!


sugary red heart cookies, enjoyed all last week

And we enjoyed our annual Valentine Banquet at church so much. Good food, music, fun games to play, prizes, and friends to share it with.
and every lady got a pretty red or pink rose





valentine greetings from near and far

My most favorite Valentine:

my favorite because Mr. Front Porch made it on a big red heart shape and covered it with ANIMALS....some of my favorites, chickens, cats and dogs, and donkeys! I LOVE handmade cards and valentines.

Last night I fried up salmon cakes for supper.


and corn on the cob drenched in butter, salt, and parsley.

and we had a gorgeous sunset, the perfect end to a real nice day!

so where in tarnation has February GONE!?



March is marching in real soon!!
howdy, y'all, from Beckie Marie


3 comments:

  1. Loved reading his post. Your gifts were nice. The card from your hubby is so sweet. I love the pics of your grilled foods. The corn so pretty. We had the coldest and warmest Feb, all in one month. Crazy weather. I am ready to see flowers around my area. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jessamine is in full bloom here too. It smells incredible and grows up into the tops of the trees. My friend says it smells like baby powder and vanilla! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete