"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, November 5, 2023

dancing at the Ball

 


What in the world IS THAT, OUT in the grass?





Oh.........just my little dancing couple, enjoying a Spring dance!



He is quite gallant and she is a beauty.


they dress up in their finery and dance underneath the Spring stars on quiet nights

Shortly after bringing the little statue couple above home, I came upon these two, below, also at a thrift store! So I've kind of started a collection of these little couples from different eras, without meaning to.

A couple of months later, these two found their way home!

.....and this summer I spotted this happy couple below at the thrift store, so I brought them home to join this party! LOL



here they all are....arriving at the Ball!



I love to look at all the different styles from the different decades. Different bonnets and hair-do's for the ladies, and the men in their short pants and bows on their shoes! And my tall white statue couple, to me they look like the Downton Abbey era.





the music is starting, shall we dance?

and in walks this snazzy fellow! This is my newest find. 




Back in July, Tracie went over to introduce herself. My big yellow marigolds were so fluffy then!
I found this shiny white dancing lady last month at the thrift store:

and also these three ladies with bonnets on:

 I think they've caught the eye of the blue white guy! LOL



my "little" collection is getting bigger and bigger! LOL


who knows how to waltz?



The newest guy, the little blue and white one, says he can teach them a new dance called the Reel.
 He says " In the future there will be dances called the fox trot, the Jitterbug,  the Charleston, the Twist, and even one called the Mashed Potato!"
And so they danced the night away....

3 comments:

  1. How perfectly charming! Reminds me of how I love to see pictures of people (men and women) sweetly kissing. I have actually collected a few. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh they are all so gallant, dressed in their sunday finest!! awesome captures of them, i remember hearing about those dances!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely "ball"...and such beautifully dressed couples dancing the night away! I love them all!! What a lovely collection!! I love the tall figures/couple that were in your yard. They are spectacular! Nice to see Tracie enjoying the fun too! Thank you for sharing them with us!!

    ReplyDelete