"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Happy Hour root beer

 Happy Hour time!



Hope you'll walk with us in the garden!


This male cardinal is singing his loud song for us


Lets go feed the ladies:


 Big news a few days earlier  this week!    Baby Rose finally laid her very first egg!



"I'm a big girl now!"
Great job, Rose, Mommy is so proud of you!! LOL



We still have lots in bloom here:

my white lilies


four o clocks and bright marigolds holding on....

And still a few "maters", which will be ready and picked soon. I will fry these up this weekend.
We planted two butterfly bushes this summer and both are doing great and still blooming

and the Cannas we planted at the beginning of spring, I had so hoped they would grow FAST, and bloom this summer. They are now big and finally about 3 weeks ago, I got my first blooms! yay!


and still a few  Old Maids in full bloom. I'm still picking bouquets every other day to bring inside.
Roses still blooming too:

the mandevilla is pretty much done. I'm still trying to coax one more bloom out of it before winter, but not sure that's going to happen. LOL


Is anyone reading anything good? Remember I said a week or so back....I was finishing up the Belva Plain series. Turns out-----there WAS ONE more in the series! I was truly surprised. It was called "Heartwood" and I finished it. NOW I think I am done with the series, ha ha LOL.











Root beer is so good, I love it. Especially this Vanilla kind.

Happy Hour Orange is here:


Happy Hour Blue is here:
(its about the third post down)

So, which flavor would you like? Blue, orange, or root beer?

So hope you enjoyed Happy Hour with us today! Hope you've had a happy week.

5 comments:

  1. Oh congratulations on your first EGG!!! That is cause for celebration! Have you cooked it yet? Will it be fried, scrambled, or boiled? Or used in making something yummy to eat like cookies or cake? You must tell us! It should be cause for celebration! Love all your flowers! You have a lovely garden! I am a bit envious of your green thumb!! As for Root Beer, I prefer the original kind, and in a float with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream! Thank you very much! I enjoyed walking with you around your property/gardens. Thank you for this delightful "Happy Hour".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, my comment disappeared. Your flowers are still so pretty. I have tried several times to grow canna lilies but have no luck. I brought some from my mother's yard before she died. I really wanted them to grow but nope! I love your beautiful hen and that big pretty egg! We are down to 4 hens and only one is laying. I think the vanilla root beer would be best. I don't know much about root beer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to join you in a Vanilla Root Beer! WOW that looks so delicious and refreshing! Your flowers are beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your photos - especially the one of YOU!
    I love Belva Plain and will be looking and researching in case I missed reding one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been a fan of root beer, not something I care for at all. Loving the flowers. Congrats on the first egg. This time of year most of the chicks in this area stop laying through the winter. Course with the change in temps, cool in the morn and warm during the day, cool all day the next day...they get confused. Like me...

    ReplyDelete